Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Next Study Step From Here:

Gabby GonzalezGabby Gonzalez Core Member
in General 33 karma

Hi!

I have been studying for a few months. About 3 months ago I plateaued at around 163. I was struggling to increase my score. I just took an untimed practice test and scored a 173. I noticed that so many questions (especially on the Logic Games) I initially got wrong but then with time and noticing that I messed up my diagram etc.. I was able to revise my answer choices to only get 1 wrong in the section. I was wondering if anyone had advice or tips on how I could proceed in my studying to help increase my timed practice scores given that my 173 shows that I have more potential to improve.
I'm not sure if this is relevant but my untimed score was (-3 RC, -3 LR, -1 LG)

Thank You!

Comments

• aiman.shahabaiman.shahab Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    edited January 2023 72 karma

Hey @Gabby Gonzalez! I understand your frustration. I myself was stuck in plateau for 6+ months before finally hitting in the 170s for a timed Practice Test. Once you break into the 160s, especially the 165+ range, it becomes significantly more difficult to increase each additional point. That's why a lot of LSAT takers struggle with breaking into the 170s. The good news is, there is absolutely a way for you to bring that score up! I always tell my students it's about consistency and high quality review.

In your case, the biggest thing that stands out to me is your potential to improve Logic Games. The best way to bring that score down to -0/1 in timed Practice Tests is through Foolproofing. Here's a 7Sage post breaking down how to foolproof: https://7sage.com/how-to-get-a-perfect-score-on-the-logic-games/. It basically involves re-doing a game a game you missed until you've got it down and repeating that process.

The second action I'd recommend incorporating in your study plan is keeping a wrong answer journal. It's important to write out explanations for why you got something wrong as well as note how you can prevent making that mistake in the future to really make things stick.

I hope this helps! If you're interested in getting more specific advice on a study plan tailored to your goal score, 7Sage has an in-house LSAT tutoring program! Feel free to schedule a consult with one of our expert tutors here: https://calendly.com/7sage-tutoring/7sage-tutoring-free-consultation?utm_source=FCA_A. They can use your 7Sage analytics to offer strategic advice for your study plan as well as see if our services may be a good fit for you!

• Gabby GonzalezGabby Gonzalez Core Member
    33 karma

@"aiman.shahab" Thank you so much for the advice! I really appreciate it. Definitely will follow it.