Query failed: connection to 172.31.3.4:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Schedule for the Oct LSAT - 7Sage Forum

Schedule for the Oct LSAT

mes08mes08 Alum Member
Hi guys,

I've just made a new schedule for myself and I wanted your opinion on it. I've been studying for the LSAT for about a year and have already read the LSAT Trainer once and gone through the 7sage curriculum twice. Currently, I've gone through most PTs in the 30s and 40s. With the remaining time, I was planning on starting on PT 52 and doing two PTs a week, and doing up to three a week in September when I'm on my annual leave from work. This is my third and last attempt at taking the LSAT, so I thought it'd be a good idea to go through all of the remaining PTs and save the most recent for last. As I go along, I was planning on reviewing key issues and doing some drilling, as needed.

Do you guys think this is a good study schedule or do you think it would be more useful of my time to just take one PT a week and start with more recent ones? Thanks for sharing your thoughts/advice :)

Comments

• c.janson35c.janson35 Free Trial Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2398 karma
    Looks good to me! I would do as many PT as possible, combined with really solid BRs, until the test date. If you've been through the curriculum and the trainer already, it's time to get down to business and just PT. Once you build up some solid analytics you can review the types of questions that give you most difficulty, but really the bulk of your time should be taking tests and blind reviewing them. As far as the order goes, personally I'm not going to leave the most recent two tests for last. I may take 74 and 75 sometime in the middle of September so that I can iron out any last issues in the couple of weeks before the test. Psychologically, I don't want to be let down right before the test with a lower score on the most recent test (if that happens), so I'm giving myself a little bit of a cushion.

Hope this helps! Good luck!
  • Quick SilverQuick Silver Alum Inactive Sage
    1049 karma
    Looks good - are any of them retakes?

Most important - I want to stress quality over quantity. Yes, top scorers often take lots of PTs, but Proper Review is so important. I'd rather a student properly review and get the most out of PTs - even if it means doing less PTs overall.
  • mes08mes08 Alum Member
    578 karma
    Hey, thanks for your quick replies :)
    @"Quick Silver" Yes, I took a couple of the PTs in the 60s about a year ago, pretty early on in my studying.

@c.janson35 I'm leaving about a week and a half at the end to solidify/do basic review. I won't be leaving the last PTs til the *very* end, but I was planning on doing them sometime in early/mid September (rather than now-ish or in August). I was just wondering if anyone had a different approach/a compelling reason to do them earlier than that.

I guess the main takeaway from this is that I should really make sure I do careful review regardless of the number of PTs I end up doing?
  • mpits001mpits001 Alum Member
    938 karma
    @mes80 yes careful review is a very important part of the learning process. B.R. as much as you can!
  • poohbearpoohbear Alum Member
    496 karma
    We seem to be on a really similar schedule! I've also been studying for about a year and I was planning to do the same thing up until the exam. Best of luck!!
  • mes08mes08 Alum Member
    578 karma
    @poohbear Thanks, you too!
  • JayLau18JayLau18 Free Trial Member
    29 karma
    @mes08 Man!! can I have an ounce of your motivation please ? Good Job!
  • mes08mes08 Alum Member
    578 karma
    Haha @JayLau18 thanks but to be honest, I have zero motivation. I'm pretty burnt out. It's just a lot of self-discipline, since I know this is my last shot and I desperately need the scholarship money/want to make it to my dream school. Also, I have this notebook where I write down how much I study and at what times every single day. It helps keep me accountable and helps with time management.
  • Matt1234567Matt1234567 Inactive ⭐
    1294 karma
    @mes08 said:
    since I know this is my last shot and I desperately need the scholarship money/want to make it to my dream schoo
    Don't put too much pressure on yourself, though! That can lead to tremendous stress as the test date nears.