Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Test Anxiety

reannasaldivarreannasaldivar Alum Member
in General 17 karma

I am scared drills ate giving me false hope. I am able to attempt an answer quicker and eliminate with accuracy. I can get down between answer choices, with one being the right answer ( because before I was eliminating right answers) but on PT's I feel I am not as accurate as when I am drilling. any advice? I have studied the q stems and can easily point out what q type it is. Maybe test anxiety? can anyone offer any help

Comments

• Johnny TsunamiJohnny Tsunami Alum Member
    186 karma

It sounds like a classic case of test anxiety and the LSAT itself is very much psychological in the way you approach it. If you don't mind me asking, how many PTs have you taken?

When doing drills, you may have it in your subconscious that its just a drill as opposed to when taking the full PT, so the stakes are a lot lower than taking a full length PT. If you're not used to taking them, you also might have that moment where you feel overwhelmed and of course you want a great score so it might play on your mind. Another factor could be fatigue, which makes it very hard to be accurate.

All of this can easily be remedied by practicing full length PTs and I'm sure you can do it. Don't be afraid of the LSAT, you can do it and get a great score.

• Juan23vrJuan23vr Live Member
    304 karma

watched a video that was helpful in explaining the LSAT must be learned in phases, simply drilling and becoming familiar with what is expected is one phase and dealing with applying what you have practiced and learned under time pressure is just another phase. I guess it was helpful to break it down like that to me. If you miss questions under prep tests its okay because it doesn't mean you don't know what you're doing you just need to analyze and train your mind to respond efficiently under a time constraint. Instead of thinking of the time pressure as a challenge I thought of it as just another component that will make me a better thinker beyond the LSAT because anyone could do well if they can take their sweet time but an efficient brain under pressure will always out perform :]

• Ski JunkieSki Junkie Core Member
    12 karma

To know if anxiety is the problem, you could do things that would alleviate or reduce your anxiety and see if it helps. Some red wine might help, but you have to drink just enough to calm you but not impair you. At least one highly successful day trader I know do precisely just that.