Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to Proceed after scoring bad again!

Justice CMJustice CM Live Member
edited November 2023 in November 2023 LSAT 38 karma

Hey, I need some guidance.
In January I scored a 145 (self study for 6 month while working full-time) and I just scored 147 (using 7Sage studying for 5 months while working part-time). My desired school has an LSAT median score of 157 and I planed on applying before their February priority deadline. Should I take the LSAT again in January and apply past the priority deadline? In geanral any advice and suggestions is appreciated.

Comments

• LegallyLSATLegallyLSAT Live Member
    167 karma

I would only take the January if you’re working a PT/no job at all. It might be difficult to jump 10 points within just one month. Not impossible though.

I’m retaking for February and I got a 143.

• Justice CMJustice CM Live Member
    38 karma

@legallyLSAT thank you for that good luck on the February test.

• kayrenhlkayrenhl Alum Member
    19 karma

In the same boat, studied for 4 months self study while working a full time job. I keep score in the 147 -148 range and I'm feeling very defeated. I signed up for the Jan. 2024 test. I say take it in January and apply anyway.

• B_MaximumB_Maximum Core Member
    192 karma

I scored 143 in January 2023 and have been studying - fulltime - since February 2023 (approximately 12 hours per day. I completed the loophole, On Demand Powerscore Course, and re-challenged PT1-63 4X (LR, AR, RC). I have not taken a day off since February 2023. Best of luck to my fellow brothers and sisters on this thread. I am rooting for all of you. My goal is to score as close as possible to 160 or 160.

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    8313 karma

Your scoring should call your timeline. I wouldn't retake until you reasonably believe you can achieve your goal score. What you've been doing so far isn't working. What will you do differently this time?

Sub-150 scoring typically indicates issues with foundational concepts. The CC (or any basic course/prep system/book) should get you into the high 150s. But you have to (1) do the work, to the point that you (2) actually understand the concepts.