Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Practice test WITHOUT LGs

I am DavisI am Davis Core Member
edited January 15 in General 55 karma

As we all know LGs are gone in August. My plan is to take one test prior to August and then the August exam as well (once with LGs, once without).

So my question is: is there a way to simulate a test without LGs so we can see our relative score with and without the section. I expect that my overall score will go up without the LG section but I wasn't sure if it was possible to see since the test has not been administered this way yet. Thanks in advance for the help!

Edit: I did more research and found the answer to my own question! I figured I would post it here in case anybody is wondering the same.

Answer: We've also updated our digital tester so that you can take PrepTests with two LR sections and no Logic Games section. To take a PrepTest in the new format, simply navigate to Practice->PrepTests in the main menu and click on a PrepTest. Once you're on the page for the PrepTest, click the drop-down menu to the right of the name of the PrepTest number and select “August 2024 3-section LSAT (LR, LR, RC).”

Comments

• candace.corwincandace.corwin Live Member
    4 karma

Is this not working for anyone else? I've spent 20 minutes trying to figure out how to do this and it is not working.

• Cherry - Student ServiceCherry - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    1452 karma

@"candace.corwin" You can select the test format on the Digital Tester by following the steps below:

1. Navigate to PrepTests.
    2. Select the PrepTest you wish to take from the list.
    3. Tap the dropdown menu beside the PrepTest name.
    4. Select from the options (Legacy 4-section LSAT, Current 3-section LSAT, and August 2024 3-section LSAT)
    5. Tap the “Start” button.

Please see the sample GIF below:

Please note that PrepTests 90, 91, 92, 93, and 94 are in the modern LSAT format, which has 3 scored sections and 1 variable experimental section (can be either LR, RC, or LG). The LG section can't be removed from these five because LSAC released it in such a way that one of the sections is experimental for either LR, RC, or LG.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions.

• letslearntogetherletslearntogether Live Member
    47 karma

Is there a way for us to stimulate test day conditions for august and after? I also want to practice having a random unscored section so I can practice with fatigue/managing focus

• candace.corwincandace.corwin Live Member
    4 karma

Thank you for the quick response. I was looking at practice tests that you mentioned were in the modern LSAT format. Thank you!

• Mary - Student ServiceMary - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    edited March 6 605 karma

@letslearntogether said:
    Is there a way for us to stimulate test day conditions for august and after? I also want to practice having a random unscored section so I can practice with fatigue/managing focus

One method you could consider is to supplement your PTs with an additional RC or LR section from another PT, creating a single-section drill here: https://7sage.com/problem-sets/, after completing the 3-section PT from August 2024 format. This can help replicate the 4-section format (4th being unscored experimental) and build your stamina effectively.