Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Oct 2015 LR Experimental Help

giuffre2180giuffre2180 Free Trial Member
in General 44 karma
I have searched around discussion boards online and it does not seem that anyone or any group of people have identified the experimental LR from the test yesterday. In June, I remember it being easy to discuss and identify the experimental LR just like RC and LG usually is. I had LR(26) LR(26) RC LR(25) LG, the 25 question one was real and luckily it was cake, but for the life of me I cannot figure out which 26 question section was experimental, nor can I remember specific questions from them. Also have seen people note about there being 2 questions for a stimulus which I did not have so that must be experimental as well, which means the test had 2 possible experimental LR's... which seems bizarre. Also, talking to other people that had taken the test at my center they had LR LG RC LR LG or LR RC RC LR LG. Does this mean that my 2nd section is for sure the experimental or is there a chance my 2nd section was their 1st section?? Any feedback would be appreciated, would love to have a confirmation on this as the 1st LR(26) was insanely hard (especially compared to the 2nd LR(26)) and that being the real one could definitely be a detriment to my score. ): Hope everyone's test went well, thanks to this 7sage community for getting me as prepared as I could have been for Saturday!

Comments

• PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    I had the same breakdown as you did. I thought the first one was easier and that it was the experimental. Whichever one had the LOL related question was the experimental because unfortunately nobody else knew what I was talking about which sucked because I thought that question was hilarious. Though I don't remember if that was the first or second section.
  • Dev MockDev Mock Member
    67 karma
    @Pacifico said:
    the LOL related
    I had that question also, but my breakdown was different. The whole test before the break was LR.
  • c.janson35c.janson35 Free Trial Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2398 karma
    The LR experimentals do not have to be the same, so unfortunately there's no way for you to tell which section was your experimental if you can't remember any of the questions from each of the sections. The placement of the sections does not have to be consistent either.
  • singerhannasingerhanna Member
    35 karma
    @giuffre2180 I had the exact same order of sections as you. And my first LR section was more difficult than the second. I have searched so many discussoon threads and I can't figure out which one was experimental :(
  • Tristan MTristan M Alum Member
    71 karma
    Same layout here. Myself, I'm really hoping LR 1 is experimental. I found it really difficlut. I felt like I couldn't find my pace (I'm sure nerves played a large part) Still, section1 seemed out of the ordinary. Does this sound familiar? I was able to re-groub in section 2 and I was on my way.
  • giuffre2180giuffre2180 Free Trial Member
    44 karma
    Appreciate the feedback guys, and @Pacifico ya I don't think the first one was anything out of the ordinary, I just think it being the 1st section along with being slightly behind time-wise threw me off. Was able to get going after that and felt the rest of the test was fine. DO you guys remember if that LOL question was in the 1st or 2nd section, I want to say 2nd which means it was unfortunately experimental but what do you guys think, any recollection of where the LOL Question was for sure @"Tristan M" @singerhanna @Pacifico
    edited October 2015 35 karma
    @giuffre2180 I really do not remember a LOL question at all. I remember that my second LR section had a lot of disagreement questions! And there was one question about hand dryer hygiene.
  • Tristan MTristan M Alum Member
    71 karma
    @singerhanna - i'm have the same recollections as you. And same format. The first section had only 1 disagree maybe? I also think I remember an early miscellaneous in section 1. So, to narrow down here, do others remember a second section with 3-4 disagree?
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    Just because you had the same section breakdown doesn't mean they were ordered the same. And if you had the LOL question you would remember because it was hilarious. It's a shame it didn't make it to the masses.
  • katherinestein24katherinestein24 Alum Member
    88 karma
    If you had a question stem that had two questions that is the experimental.
  • mimimimimimimimi Free Trial Member
    368 karma
    I had the weird two questions for one stimulus so I knew early on what sections were real. The real LRs had too many assumption questions which I found really, really odd.
    edited October 2015 44 karma
    @mimimimi I agree, couldn't believe how many necessary assumption questions there were, & a lot of them felt more difficult than usual. If you use the negation technique I feel as if there were at least 2 answers on some questions that destroyed the argument, had to just go with an educated guess on a few where usually all those assumption questions feel like a slam dunk
  • harrismeganharrismegan Member
    2074 karma
    I had
    LR 26 Questions
    LR 25 Questions
    RC 27 Questions
    LR 25 Questions
    LG 23 Questions

The exam is 101 isn't it (stupid question I know lol)?
    So I'm assuming the 26 is the real one (and I've seen a lot of comments confirming this!) and one of my 25 is the experimental?
    44 karma
    @harrismegan yes the LR26 is real, as for the LR25 I am assuming one of yours had a double question for the same stimulus, and that was experimental. (Unless there was somehow 3 different experimental LR's)
  • Lawgic180Lawgic180 Alum Member
    12 karma
    I had RC LR LR LG LR. I didnt have any double question stems. But my experimental section (one of the first LR sections) included a question on dogs and wolves and one about a dinosaur called Mesosaurus (not too sure about the spelling). Im thinking this has to be the experimental section cuz my buddy didnt remember those questions on his test.
  • katherinestein24katherinestein24 Alum Member
    88 karma
    I had those questions on mine!
    edited October 2015 35 karma
  • Matt1234567Matt1234567 Inactive ⭐
    1294 karma
    @Pacifico said:
    And if you had the LOL question you would remember because it was hilarious. It's a shame it didn't make it to the masses.
    I had that question haha. I had a nice laugh to myself reading the stimulus.
    edited October 2015 12 karma
    @singerhanna didnt have that one.
  • NYC12345NYC12345 Alum Inactive Sage
    edited October 2015 1654 karma
  • NYC12345NYC12345 Alum Inactive Sage
    edited October 2015 1654 karma
    edited October 2015 12 karma
    @alexandergreene93 Oops. Fixed that. Might wanna delete yours as well.
This discussion has been closed.