Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Supplementary preparation.

chelsLSATchelsLSAT Alum Member
in General 57 karma
Hello there everyone,

happy to say that I finally got myself out of burn out and back into the "killing the lsat while riding a unicorn" mindset.

I am planning on taking the Dec 5th, LSAT (Not sure if that's a good idea or not). I did a PT before starting the 7Sage program and my baseline score was a 137 (I didn't have enough time to finish LG but I thought I was going to get a 120 so I surprised myself for an LSAT noob). I am getting through the 7Sage program slowly as I am going back and re-taking lessons and re-doing quizzes and practice questions so I 100% get it before moving on.

Anyways, I was wondering if anyone else is taking another form of LSAT prep? Like a course? (I'm in Canada so some courses we don't have here) or reading books? I've heard lots about the LSAT Trainer and the Powerscore LG Bible and I will be taking a LG weekend course in Toronto in Nov.

Just wanted to get some opinions as I kind of feel like the 7Sage program might not be enough. I did buy the Kaplan books last year but I find them very hard to follow and haven't heard good things about the Kaplan program so I want to keep my LSAT mind away from any bad habits Kaplan would get me in.

Comments

• inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    Lots of people pair 7Sage with The Trainer (http://7sage.com/get-the-lsat-trainer), but the 7Sage course should definitely be enough. If you need more materials, Ultimate+ just came out and you can upgrade to that now:
    http://7sage.com/enroll/

I wouldn't suggest taking the Dec. test if you just started studying either. You won't be ready for that.
  • ENTJENTJ Alum Inactive ⭐
    3658 karma
    That's probably the most descriptive username in all of 7sage... :)
  • GoLSATGoGoLSATGo Alum Member
    84 karma
    A fellow Torontonian!

I initially took a fundamentals class with Princeton Review before enrolling in 7Sage, then upgraded to an ultimate class thinking that both companies could complement each other. In some respects it did as I could watch video explanations online from the daily homework I had to do for PR. In retrospect, however, PR was such a waste of time and money so I would advise against enrolling with them.

I've heard nothing but great things about this company called Harvard Ready that teaches near Downsview station. Their instructor is really invested in teaching the LSAT so I highly recommend you check out their classes.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @WorkHardPlayHardDirtbiker said:
    "killing the lsat while riding a unicorn" mindset

Lil' Bub is doing your POE *with fire*
  • LSATislandLSATisland Free Trial Inactive Sage
    edited October 2015 1878 karma
    I'm an LSAT tutor in Toronto. Many of my students approach me after having taken a course. The problem with courses is that they do not tailor to the specific issues a student may have. 7Sage is great and if you are looking for a supplement, I'd consider a book before a course since the cost is typically less. Unless you need the motivation of a course, most of the course's insights and material can be found in the book.

Re Harvard Ready, students have told me that they focus a lot on LG and are great for that section, but not much for the others. So perhaps consider your weak area before deciding.
  • chelsLSATchelsLSAT Alum Member
    57 karma
    Hi there, thank you for the replies!
    @"Dillon A. Wright" said:
    I wouldn't suggest taking the Dec. test if you just started studying either. You won't be ready for that.
    I started studying in September however I experienced bad bad bad burn out, I went real hard for a bit then pretty well hit a wall so I've been getting back into it. I've been feeling like Dec isn't the way to go… Would you suggest Feb or even June?
    @ENTJ said:
    That's probably the most descriptive username in all of 7sage... :)
    Thank you lol
    @GeotLSAT said:
    A fellow Torontonian!
    Thanks for your insight, I'm about 3 hours north of Toronto in Muskoka lol
    @nicole.hopkins said:
    Lil' Bub is doing your POE *with fire*
    The most epic picture ever Nicole! I actually reached out to you on Instagram about chatting :)
    @LSATisland said:
    So perhaps consider your weak area before deciding.
    Thank you for your insight. Have you heard of the Richardson prep courses? He has a lot of content on his website, and is holding an advanced LG course in Dec and I am planning on attending but if it isn't any good I wont spend the money.
  • LSATislandLSATisland Free Trial Inactive Sage
    1878 karma
    Yes, I've heard of John Richardson but don't know much about his course. It might be great -- perhaps follow up with someone who took his course.