Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Testmasters vs 7Sage

sunflowersunflower Alum Member
edited June 2014 in General 46 karma
Hi, I know this topic has been covered in the forum already but I thought I'd ask again for more input.
I'm currently debating whether to continue and upgrade 7Sage course or travel abroad to take the in-class Testmasters. I'm scoring in the 150s and I feel as though the class structure + homework would help me pull up my score a bit from there which I can pull up further with 7Sage on my own.
Any thoughts?

Comments

• ENTJENTJ Alum Inactive ⭐
    3658 karma
    NO TESTMASTERS! Only go with 7sage.
  • tanes256tanes256 Alum Member
    2573 karma
    I have testmasters books and I don't like them. I cannot speak for the course though because I didn't take it. The books were given to me. I prefer this course to the testmasters books for sure! I don't remember how much the testmasters course is but this one is definitely reasonably priced and I've definitely improved my score. No doubt you will as well!
  • raytranrraytranr Alum Member
    105 karma
    I've considered what you have considered before - don't waste your money with Testmasters (or any other course for that matter). If you are willing to shell that kind of time and money as it is (abroad, living, eating, etc) I would advise you to consider emailing some of the 7sage recommended tutors. Compose a detailed email of your situation and your primary concerns and questions, and spend an hour or so with a tutor to pinpoint issues and immediate steps you need to take. A good friend of mine did the 7sage course with me, and he did a powerscore as well as a testmasters course afterwards - a he reports that it's a huge waste of time, effort, and money. I (grudgingly) decided to enlist the help of a tutor.

I hated the idea of enlisting a tutor - but not only has it saved so much money and time, it was absolutely worth it (I recommend Jonathan). Have a clear goal in mind, communicate that goal, and they can tell you the very specific things you need to do to get there without the BS.

At the very least, if after you spend an hour or so with the tutor you think "why did I ever listen to that random guy who posted on the forum" you would be absolutely sure in your decision to take an outside course (though I'm pretty sure you won't think that).

Hope this helps. Good luck!