Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Want to join 7Sage but...

SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
in General 11542 karma
Hey all,

I'm very interested in joining the 7Sage prep course (possibly premuim but due to financial constraints, I think I'm leaning towards Starter) for the December 2016 LSAT but I noticed something that really bugged me - the video explanations for the 10 exams include 7 exams that are extremely difficult to obtain...I searched everywhere and the cheapest PT's I found were the ones posted here (almost $200!!!) I guess my question is: since I can't get 7/10 PT's, should I even bother with buying the prep course?? :(

Comments

• MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
    edited May 2016 2086 karma
    Yes, at the very least purchase the starter package.

One thing to bear in mind is that even if you end up having to purchase the PT explanations for the easier-to-obtain PTs separately, your total will likely be lower than most of the other prep companies.
    Do you see your financial situation improving any time soon? December is still some time away. If possible, I would start with the Starter package, finish the core curriculum, then see if you need to upgrade to one of the other packages.
  • 7sagelsatstudent1807sagelsatstudent180 Alum Member
    edited May 2016 932 karma
    The starter package is still worth it weight in gold in its current format but the LSATs it gives you access to are outdated, hard to find, and/or very prices to obtain. I personally got 7sage early last year when all the tests were available and it is easily the best investment I've made thus far in my life but it would be hard for me to see the same value had I just discovered it now. It may actually be a good thing that people are now forced to buy the ultimate packages as they will benefit significantly because of the added material.
  • BruiserWoodsBruiserWoods Member Inactive ⭐
    1706 karma
    @7sagelsatstudent180 said:
    It may actually be a good thing that people are now forced to buy the ultimate packages
    unless they just really, actually don't have that kind of money to come up with. Not everyone is able to afford the Ultimate, unfortunately.
  • 7sagelsatstudent1807sagelsatstudent180 Alum Member
    932 karma
    I couldn't afford it either but after the 14 day period I realized how much it had helped me and I knew I would just have to make some sacrifices. It's paid for itself numerous times over just in scholarship money. My gpa is below the 25ths at most schools I have been accepted to but my LSAT is what's been getting me the big money. I diagnosed at a 148 but that quickly became a distant memory and I have the top-10 acceptances and ridiculous scholarships to prove it.
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27861 karma
    It's definitely an investment, and a good one. But it's just not one everyone can make.

The good news is that the curriculum really carries you most of the way @montahar . I try not to look at the videos actually. The curriculum gave me what I need to figure things out without them. If I'm watching videos, then it means I've become completely bemused. And thanks to the curriculum, that doesn't happen very often. I love having them when I need them, but the goal is to not need them.

And there's other resources than the videos. The community always jumps on questions, and the study groups are great places to hammer things out.
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    @MrSamIam @"Cant Get Right" @7sagelsatstudent180 thank you all for the advice, really means a lot! Since this isn't my first time taking the LSAT, I feel ok with doing the starter package, it's better than not having anything at all. I bought all the preptest books from amazon and will hopefully find PT 40-50ish. This time around, my studying will be based around actual PTs (Once a week in an actual LSAT environment) and learning some invaluable strategies along the way. 7sage really is awesome, alhamdulilah (thank God)

All the best!
    11542 karma
    @BruiserWoods said:
    unless they just really, actually don't have that kind of money to come up with. Not everyone is able to afford the Ultimate, unfortunately.
    The sad truth haha. Not many people understand :P
  • BruiserWoodsBruiserWoods Member Inactive ⭐
    1706 karma
    I got you @montahar. If I just "made some sacrifices" to pay for ultimate, it would have taken me 7 months just to purchase it hahaha. Fortunately, I haven't really needed the videos. Even when they were available I might have looked up 2 or 3.

You really do learn to work through questions and the answer choices pretty well on your own with the curriculum. I certainly can see how having Ultimate or Ultimate+ would be useful and helpful to my studies, but I just literally could not, in any way whatsoever afford them. And I don't really feel like I've missed out on that much. I don't feel like it's been too much of a disadvantage.

11542 karma
    @BruiserWoods you have no idea how much solace your words have given me. Much love and all the best for your LSAT!
  • jessicaljjessicalj Alum Member
    172 karma
    It's been implicitly referenced above, but I want to give Blind Review (BR) groups a shout out. I barely watch the video explanations to PTs thanks to the awesome community!
  • Nicole HopkinsNicole Hopkins Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4344 karma
    @jessicalj said:
    I barely watch the video explanations to PTs thanks to the awesome community!
    Yasss!