Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Significant drop in PT score

seungheerseungheer Alum Member
in General 40 karma
Hi, I just took my PT 41 and analyzed my score. I have increased my PT score from 150 to 159 until PT 41. However, I am surprised to find my PT score dropping to 147 - which is 12 points drop from my last PT. I don't know if my score is improving or not... I feel like my skill is actually deteriorating. Any advice on how to improve my studying method? I usually do BR on LR section by writing explanation to each answer choice on Word document. For reading, I just redo the whole questions by giving me unlimited time.

Comments

• danilphillipsdanilphillips Alum Member
    200 karma
    I do think there is such a thing as 'overstudying.' It blows my mind that some on here have been at it for over a year! How long have you been studying?
  • seungheerseungheer Alum Member
    40 karma
    I kinda went back and forth in studying. I began studying in May, 2015. However, due to school works, I took breaks many times. I was finished with my school in March, 2016 so I began some intensive studying ever since that date - doing average 40 hours per week. I finished my curriculum after two weeks. Up until now, I've done 36-41 PT.
  • BruiserWoodsBruiserWoods Member Inactive ⭐
    edited May 2016 1706 karma
    It's really too soon to tell anything about trends with only 6 tests under your belt. Keep doing what you're doing. Are you doing BR after you score your PTs? If so, you're really limiting what you can learn from each PT. If you're scoring in the 140s-150s you still have a way to go on hammering down those fundamentals. And that's only gonna come from very intense, very thorough, very honest BR. What do your BR scores look like? What is your section breakdown?
  • seungheerseungheer Alum Member
    edited May 2016 40 karma
    My BR score for the last three tests were 162, 164, 169. For my reading comprehension, my best was -7 but my worst was -11. However, after taking this preptest 41, my reading score suddenly dropped to 46%. Aside from reading, my game was 38% in PT 36 which slowly improved to 43% in PT 37, 54% in PT 38, 52% in PT 39, and 78% in PT40. But for PT 41, my LG dropped to 46%. MY LR fluctuates a lot from 60% to 75%. Currently working on BR for Preptest 41.