Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is your LSAT pump-up song?

BenjaminSFBenjaminSF Alum Member Inactive ⭐
in General 457 karma

I always play "Neighbors" by J. Cole before I start a test, and I go in feeling like I'm going to kill it. Well I am... I am!

Comments

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27822 karma

Sirius by The Alan Parsons Project.

I will always associate it with true greatness confronting a worthy adversary. LSAT is my '97 Utah Jazz!

• Darth JuristDarth Jurist Member
    edited February 2017 453 karma

This isn't a song, but it gets you pumped either way :P

• camcam Alum Member
    edited February 2017 349 karma

I tend to go heavy...

So, my go-to heavy pump up songs are Slipknot's Duality for a "I'm going to kill this thing and then dump salt on the ground in which it was born"

and Marilyn Manson's Long Hard Road Out of Hell for a more relaxed, but determined vibe.

Sometimes though, I don't want to feel like I want to destroy stuff, and just opt for happier music, probably Jackson 5.

Finally, when I'm not sure how I did, but it felt good...and it is time to review-Kurt Elling featuring a late mentor of mine Rob Amster on bass (taught at the school I went, had some good conversations).

• Pi031415Pi031415 Alum Member
    248 karma

Formation!

• danielznelsondanielznelson Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4181 karma

• Harvey specterHarvey specter Alum Member
    edited February 2017 58 karma

This always works for me.

and this track from Rocky gives a feeling of achievement.
    Rocky is the best motivation there is. Period

• draj0623draj0623 Alum Member
    916 karma

Neighbors is such a great song for this! That's also an amazing album! I think my favorite is Hit Em Up for this purpose. Yeah!

• dantlee14dantlee14 Free Trial Member
    617 karma

"On to the next one" by HOV aka Queen B's baby daddy has always been my exam/finals jam.

http://tidal.com/video/44153680

• Erin FitzpatrickErin Fitzpatrick Alum Member
    4 karma

fighter by Christina Aguilera gets me every time!!!!!

453 karma

This one is by far the best pump up song. If it doesn't make you happy inside then you have NO SOUL!

453 karma

To put that into conditional logic, IF the backstreet boys don't make you happy, you have NO soul.

BBH -----> S

The contrapositive: if you have soul, the backstreet boys make you happy.

S ---> BBH

You cannot deny the premise to my argument!!

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27822 karma

BSB 4 Life

• J. TharpJ. Tharp Alum Member
    575 karma

DANCING QUEEN

• roblim92roblim92 Member
    73 karma

Any Suits fans out there? Haha

• sakox010sakox010 Member
    333 karma

"My bars passed the bar exam, no law school" -Lil Wayne

• jyang72jyang72 Alum Member
    844 karma

@JPAI_UBC , I set my middle name as "spector" to honor the lawyer character that I admire, if you know what I mean :)

• roblim92roblim92 Member
    73 karma

@jyang72 Aye.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

I'm with @danielznelson and love me some Norma Jean!!! Also, I really like to listen to classical music before I study. I find that I don't need to get 'pumped up" more than I do "focused." And I'm always more focused after I'm relaxed and not TOO pumped. I love all the songs above; but some would pump me up too much, lmao.

• Harvey specterHarvey specter Alum Member
    58 karma

@JPAI_UBC @jyang72 "let them hate. just make sure they spell your name right".

• jyang72jyang72 Alum Member
    844 karma

@"Harvey specter" , holy shit!!!!

• nessa.k13.0nessa.k13.0 Inactive ⭐
    edited February 2017 4141 karma

Lose Yourself because I feel like the stakes on this test are that serious haha

• paniz.gh91paniz.gh91 Free Trial Member
    82 karma

On my low days of Lsat, "Survivor" from Destiny's Child helps me get throught it!!

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

It definitely changes every couple of months. I I think it's Future F*ck up Some Commas LOL

• tjphilbricktjphilbrick Alum Member
    174 karma

I'm with @"Alex Divine", classical is the way to go. Mozart has been repeatedly proven to increase concentration, retention, and mental acuity in students of all types, and I find that listening to any one of his violin concertos before an LSAT or a practice LSAT always gets me focused unlike anything else.

• johanna586johanna586 Alum Member
    202 karma

This is wicked dorky, but I have Confidence from the Sound of Music is my pump up song for everything. When I was job searching a couple years ago, I listened to it before every interview.

• JustDoItJustDoIt Alum Member
    3112 karma

All of the Lights - Kanye West

• Jessica_KubaJessica_Kuba Core Member
    edited February 2017 461 karma

I love that song too @JustDoIt. When Kanye was still Kanye, Lol.

• JustDoItJustDoIt Alum Member
    edited March 2017 3112 karma

"I miss the old Kanye. Straight from the go Kanye"

I still love Kanye, even if he did fall off after Watch the Throne.

Low key: I kinda hope my testing center is as lit as this song (pun intended). Or I'mma be like: "Turn up the lights in here baby. Extra bright I want y'all to see this"

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@tjphilbrick said:
    I'm with @"Alex Divine", classical is the way to go. Mozart has been repeatedly proven to increase concentration, retention, and mental acuity in students of all types, and I find that listening to any one of his violin concertos before an LSAT or a practice LSAT always gets me focused unlike anything else.

Yeah, classical just puts me in that LSAT-cerebral state.

• Jessica_KubaJessica_Kuba Core Member
    461 karma

Hahaha, for sure @JustDoIt!