Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Drilling LR from old PTs

septemberseptember Alum Member

I have been thinking about drilling from old PTs. I know it will help, but I was wondering how difficult are the LR questions in the new PTs vs. the old PTs? Should I drill from the new ones instead (60+)? Or should I stick with the old ones (18-)? I want to save the new PTs for full timed tests.

Comments

• SamiSami Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    edited April 2017 10774 karma

@ifty2nd said:
    I have been thinking about drilling from old PTs. I know it will help, but I was wondering how difficult are the LR questions in the new PTs vs. the old PTs? Should I drill from the new ones instead (60+)? Or should I stick with the old ones (18-)? I want to save the new PTs for full timed tests.

Hey,

You are on the right track and you should keep doing what you are doing. Drilling from old PT's is an excellent way to learn from mistakes and different aspects of LSAT without sacrificing the new PT's that you will need in your PT phase. There are slight differences on the newer PT's but not enough where I think you need to sacrifice your new PT's that you will need later. You can learn the nuances of the newer tests when you take them and its much easier to learn if you have already worked on learning the fundamentals by drilling on the older PT's.

You can pretty much use anything below PT 35 for drilling in my opinion and still have plenty of prep tests to work from.

• septemberseptember Alum Member
    163 karma

@Sami Thank you for your input!

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27822 karma

Don't drill from the new ones for sure! New ones should be preserved for full length PTs. The old ones are great for drills and exercises. Ain't too much changed.

If you're interested, I'm starting a series of old test reviews on Monday nights. So if you're not doing anything, sync up and join in!

https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/10814/oldies-but-goodies-with-sage-josh-pt-17-monday-april-10-7pm-est

• septemberseptember Alum Member
    163 karma

@"Cant Get Right" This sounds great. I will tune in!