Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Practice from old PTs

louis2014louis2014 Alum Member
edited December 2014 in General 190 karma
Hello,

I will (hopefully) write June's LSAT. From the schedule in 7sage and help from other folks in 7sage, I will be doing recent PTs (35+) timed and BR towards the end of my prep. My question is, now, and during reading prep material, what can I prepare with? I learned I should do that with the earlier PTs (35-), but how?

In other words, I will be studying weaken questions, strengthen question, assumptions, cause and effect etc, but how would I practice my understanding?

Many thanks

Comments

• jdawg113jdawg113 Alum Inactive ⭐
    2654 karma
    by practicing... Cambridge bundles are great if you dont buy the actual 7sage account but you read up on weaken questions and the approach and then you do a bunch of weaken questions, then carefully review them to make sure you understand what is going on in the question
  • louis2014louis2014 Alum Member
    190 karma
    The thing is, I have old PTs but don't have them categorized. Is there anywhere that I can find where they are categorized? Powerscore provides such thing but for 2002+, but I am intending of using those for full timed ones.
    2654 karma
    I believe cambridge site has a spot on it somewhere that you can find that info, not exactly sure
  • ddakjikingddakjiking Inactive ⭐
    2116 karma
    I second Cambridge. Their Packets are from PT 1-38 so keep that in mind. IMO, from PT 35-74, I would definitely save a couple of the late 30's and 40's and use them for full timed sections. Although full timed PT'ing are important, I think drilling by full sections are equally important in that they help you transition your endurance/timing into 4/5 section PT's.
  • louis2014louis2014 Alum Member
    190 karma
    Thank you very much :)

Sorry for my multiple questions, but I just start preparing for LSAT. By drilling a section, do you mean practising the full section regardless of their categories? And when do you advise to do that? Probably after getting familiar with the material itself.
  • Allison MAllison M Alum Member Inactive Sage
    810 karma
    I use sections from 1-35 as "experimental" 5th sections when taking full PTs. I also use them for drilling. Since a few sets of each question type are provided in the 7Sage curriculum, I don't find that I needed older tests broken down by type -- I just use them in their original state.
  • pbegoniapbegonia Free Trial Member
    2 karma
    I need some advice. I took the December LSAT and blanked out on the logic games. I have no idea why because I thought I was pretty good at them. Anyway, I've been preparing for over 6 months and have done all the past tests. I prepared through powerscore books and the LAST trainer. I Don't have much money so I don't want to make a mistake. Which online course should I sign up for? Can I get away with the $179.00 one. Thanks for the help. Dianne
  • Allison MAllison M Alum Member Inactive Sage
    810 karma
    The difference between the various 7Sage courses is the number of PTs and questions included in each. If you've done all of the PTs, then the starter course is probably sufficient (assuming that you still have copies of your PTs).
    2654 karma
    Like Allison said, its mainly more drill sets and more PT's, if you still have copies(or PDFs) than you can def get away with the starter. you will have access to the lessons and main drills which will help with the more fundamentals and questions approach