Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Upgrading from Starter to Ultimate

vrendonvasquezvrendonvasquez Alum Member
edited October 2017 in General 276 karma

I decided to change my test date from December to February today and will need more material to study for the next 3 months. I haven't decided if I will be applying for Fall of 2018 or Fall of 2019 entrance; it depends on my PT scores for the next couple of months.

I'm on a very tight budget, but I feel that the Starter package may not be enough to help me ready.

I took the September LSAT (low 150s) and underperformed as compared to my PT scores. I'm aiming to obtain a score in the high 160s or low 170s. Any suggestions?

Comments

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9377 karma

I recommend upgrading to Ultimate+. It comes with Drill packs, Question Bank, and full PTs (from PT1), and they are all essential to my studies.

• tringo335tringo335 Alum Member
    3679 karma

I am on a budget as well so started with the Starter and am slowly upgrading as I go (I also don't plan on applying until Fall next year). Since you're not applying until next year or the year after, I'd say go ahead and start with the Starter but definitely be prepared to upgrade to the Ultimate + as time goes on because you'll want the full bank of PTs and Logic Game Bundle, Drill packs, etc...

• vrendonvasquezvrendonvasquez Alum Member
    276 karma

Thanks for your feedback, @akistotle and @tringo335! Is it better to get another account to upgrade and receive a longer extension though?

9377 karma

@vrendonvasquez said:
    Thanks for your feedback, @akistotle and @tringo335! Is it better to get another account to upgrade and receive a longer extension though?

You can email Dillon and discuss your situation. :)

• tringo335tringo335 Alum Member
    3679 karma

@akistotle said:

@vrendonvasquez said:

You can email Dillon and discuss your situation. :)

Cosign this response. Talk to Dillon:-)

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@akistotle said:
    I recommend upgrading to Ultimate+. It comes with Drill packs, Question Bank, and full PTs (from PT1), and they are all essential to my studies.

Going to agree with this. Having every PT, drill packs, question bank, and explanations, really makes it worth the upgrade. Never having to suffer from a dearth of drilling materials and the convenience of having everything on my computer has been invaluable.

9377 karma

@"Alex Divine" said:

@akistotle said:

Going to agree with this. Having every PT, drill packs, question bank, and explanations, really makes it worth the upgrade. Never having to suffer from a dearth of drilling materials and the convenience of having everything on my computer has been invaluable.

Yea, it's like having Netflix + Hulu + Amazon Prime Video subscription.

• vrendonvasquezvrendonvasquez Alum Member
    276 karma

Awesome, thanks everyone!! I contacted @"Dillon A. Wright" , and will hopefully hear from him soon. :)

• samantha.ashley92samantha.ashley92 Alum Member
    1777 karma

I don't think the Starter will get you a 170 without a ton of work. I only say that because the question bank only includes the easiest questions, and there aren't many practice tests. I would get the best one you can afford, and you can always upgrade. That being said, if you feel like you won't be ready to get your best score for 2018 admission, I would wait until next year. That's what I'm doing. :)

• LindsMitchLindsMitch Alum Member
    589 karma

Upgrade I say! I upgraded from premium to Ultimate a couple of weeks ago and do not regret it at all, even though it was a bummer to spend the extra $$, completely worth it in the long run if you are able to.