Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

157 to 170

2017apf392017apf39 Alum Member
in General 29 karma

Turns out this was not a waste of money at all...

Comments

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

That is awesome! Congrats!

• TexAgAaronTexAgAaron Alum Member
    1723 karma

Congratulations!!!!

• saberatisaberati Alum Member
    94 karma

Badass! Can I ask time elapsed between 157 -170 and study habits/approach?

• Freddy_DFreddy_D Alum Member
    2983 karma

Great job!!

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27823 karma

@apf39 said:
    Turns out this was not a waste of money at all...

Yeah, I think you'll see pretty good returns on that investment, haha! Congrats!

• 2017apf392017apf39 Alum Member
    29 karma

@saberati said:
    Badass! Can I ask time elapsed between 157 -170 and study habits/approach?

The 157 was from February of this year. I took about 6 months off after getting that score to start studying for the December test and took a PT once or twice every other week. After about 5 - 10 practice tests I got so comfortable with the logic games (2 - 4 wrong) that I dedicated almost all of my time to the LR (since it's half the test) and really started seeing improvement after reviewing and understanding wrong answers. Not only did this help me get more comfortable with complex conditional logic, it showed me the tricks they throw at you and what to look out for. I didn't study RC too much because this is kind of a strength for me already (perfect score on the GRE verbal section), but I also learned that taking an extra half minute or minutes to really read and understand the section was 100% worth it.

On the December test I went -1 LR, -3 RC, -5 LR and -3 LG. 170 is actually a few points higher than what I was PTing before the test, so I think I also just had a great day and benefited from a test that played to my strengths.

• keets993keets993 Alum Member 🍌
    6045 karma

Congrats! I love seeing these success stories.

• tringo335tringo335 Alum Member
    3679 karma

Awesome!! Congrats!!

• inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma

Congrats!!