Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Disclosing for Specific Apps (Help!)

I had a quick question regarding the character and fitness sections for a few specific schools. I know most of the schools in the T14 add a stipulation to their character and fitness questions that reads something along the lines of "excluding minor traffic infractions." However, there's a few that I've seen (Cornell, NYU, Penn) that don't include this proviso and ask for . I was ticketed for failing to completely stop at a stop sign about 2 years ago and although it turned out to be a parking ticket in the end, is this included as something I should disclose/explain?

Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays everyone!

Comments

• kimpg_66kimpg_66 Alum Member
    1617 karma

If you're unsure, I would simply call the admissions office. Unfortunately, they wont be open probably until Jan 2nd. To be safe, you could simply disclose it no matter what. It wont stop you from getting accepted if you do, but if you don't it could mean trouble with the bar.

• jack.igoejack.igoe Member
    544 karma

The specific language if it helps is as follows (if it helps).

Cornell: Have you ever, either as an adult or a juvenile, been cited, ticketed, arrested, taken into custody, charged with, indicted, convicted or tried for, or pleaded guilty to, the commission of any felony or misdemeanor or the violation of any law, or been the subject of any juvenile delinquency or youthful offender proceeding? Traffic violations that occurred more than ten years before the filing of this application need not be reported, with the exception of alcohol or drug-related traffic violations, which must be reported in all cases irrespective of when they occurred. Do not report parking violations.

Penn: Have you ever, either as an adult or a juvenile, been arrested, charged, cited, or convicted of a crime (including misdemeanors), or is any charge now pending against you? (This should include matters that have been expunged or subject to a diversionary program.)

• jack.igoejack.igoe Member
    544 karma

@kimmy_m66 said:
    If you're unsure, I would simply call the admissions office. Unfortunately, they wont be open probably until Jan 2nd. To be safe, you could simply disclose it no matter what. It wont stop you from getting accepted if you do, but if you don't it could mean trouble with the bar.

Thank you! I was erring towards the side of disclosing but I just wasn't sure since it was obviously neither a misdemeanor nor a felony.