Hey applicants!

Next week, the 7Sage Podcast is going to have a very special guest: Michigan Law's famous "Dean Z," aka Sarah Zearfoss. For those of you who don't know, Dean Zearfoss is sort of Youtube-famous for her live evaluations of applications.

We're giving you a chance to have Dean Z read your application! Here's how it will work:

The catch: For maximum impartiality, we can only look at statements for people who aren't planning on applying to Michigan law this year.

Let me know if you have any questions! Please submit your essay by 5PM ET on Thursday, October 1st to be considered.

68

36 comments

  • Monday, Sep 28

    hi what is the deadline for this? @EthanMadore

    12
    EthanMadore Admissions Coordinator OP
    Tuesday, Sep 29

    I'm going to pick files to send her on Friday!

    4
    Tuesday, Sep 29

    Will the 3 contestants chosen have their personal statements read live via YouTube, and if so, when would it be uploaded?

    4
    Tuesday, Sep 29

    Hi Ethan! Thank you so much again for this opportunity! I was wondering if the selected personal statements would be notified if they have been selected.

    5
    Edited 4 days ago

    Hi Ethan, I saw this late and just uploaded my information. I'm extremely interested in being considered for this opportunity! Thank you for this 7Sage!

    1
  • Monday, Sep 28

    spoke with Dean Z at a law school fair she's the best!!

    5
  • Edited Monday, Sep 28

    Wow, what a treat! Thank you Ethan and Dean Z! :)

    5
    Tuesday, Sep 29

    what's the difference between a car and a golf ball?

    1
    Edited Tuesday, Sep 29

    um, what? one's a moving target? I've actually hit both ;)

    2
  • Tuesday, Sep 29

    Can we submit rough drafts? Or is it only final drafts?

    4
  • Monday, Sep 28

    Would we be able to apply to Michigan law at some point in the future just not this app cycle?

    4
    Monday, Sep 28

    Same question. I'm not applying this cycle, would we be able to apply to Michigan at some point in the future?

    0
    Tuesday, Sep 29

    The comment above says this year, but the submission form just says your essay won’t be considered if you intend to apply to Michigan. So I think if someone intends to apply at all, even after this year, your statement won’t be considered for this :/

    In the same boat as y’all @SherryLi and @AlysonHoffman !! I would love to have her read mine

    1
  • Wednesday, Sep 30

    if i submit my personal statement will my file be discarded if it isn't chosen? I don't want it to be fed into AI engines.

    3
  • Tuesday, Sep 29

    With regard to the consent to share portion of the form, does this mean that the submissions (resume, personal statement) could potentially be posted online? @EthanMadore

    3
  • Tuesday, Sep 29

    Good luck all. This will be my first recusal.

    3
  • Monday, Sep 28

    Hi! When is the deadline for this? Will she do this again in the future?

    3
    Tuesday, Sep 29

    Dean Z is retiring. This is her last application cycle.

    3
  • Does anyone know when/how we will found out who is chosen for this?

    2
  • Tuesday, Sep 29

    Hello! If selected, will the full statement be shared on the podcast or just snippits? What extent is shared via the podcast! Would love to submit, just unsure of it there is adequent concern of plagiarism or possibility of admissions (of schools we'd be applying to) reading/hearing the personal statement before its actually submitted.

    2
  • Edited 6 days ago

    Ahh, I'm applying so I can't submit my essay :') But what a wonderful opportunity, and I can't wait to see one last podcast episode from Dean Z.

    2
  • Monday, Sep 28

    So exciting!!

    2
  • Monday, Sep 28

    Thanks for this opportunity! I submitted my personal statement.

    2
  • 3 days ago

    Hey looking forward to tuning in! Where can we listen to the podcast?

    1
  • 5 days ago

    Does it have to be fully completed ?

    1
  • Thank you for this! Submitted my app.

    1
  • Wednesday, Sep 30

    I submitted mine already but made some changes, am I able to resubmit the essay? @EthanMadore

    1
  • Edited Tuesday, Sep 29

    hi! are you allowing resubmissions? out of excitement i uploaded an old draft and forgot my resume the first time around! :)

    1
  • Tuesday, Sep 29

    Hi Ethan, I hope it doesn't matter that we haven't actually applied to these schools yet. I am going to submit application, but also haven't sent the personal essay in yet to these schools, so I want to make sure this is not an issue.

    1
  • Tuesday, Sep 29

    Thanks for the opportunity! :) love 7SAGE & dean z!

    1
  • Edited Tuesday, Sep 29

    What an amazing opportunity! Thank you so much! I always love watching Dean Z she is the best! Submitted mine fingers crossed!

    1
  • Edited Tuesday, Sep 29

    If we submit our materials but are not selected for review, can we still apply to Michigan? @EthanMadore

    1
  • Tuesday, Sep 29

    Will do anything to try to get free advice

    1
  • Tuesday, Sep 29

    Awesome, thank you for the opportunity! Submitted!

    1

Confirm action

Are you sure?