[Ended] LSAT Chat w/Instructor & Sage Jonathan | Tues, Feb 7th at 8pmEST | June2017 Study Group

nessa.k13.0nessa.k13.0 Inactive ⭐
edited February 2017 in General 4141 karma

@"Jonathan Wang" has agreed to have an LSAT chat with us and answer our questions! Think of it as "Jonathan's millennial-friendly nondenominational block of time". Don't miss this awesome chance to learn from his expert advise and ask questions. Please write the questions that you'd like Jonathan to answer in the discussion below.

Don't miss out on this

Do: Ask general LSAT questions like--- "What are 3 common mistakes people make when studying the LSAT and how can we avoid them?" or "What are some ways we can get better at RC?"

Don't: Ask specific case study questions like---"I have a 3.99 gpa and a 168 LSAT score, what are the chances I'm going to get into Columbia if I apply next week at 22:00GMT?" --_-- Please don't do that. In efforts to maximize everyone's time those types of questions will be skipped.

LSAT Chat w/ Instructor&Sage Jonathan Wang
Tues, Feb 7th, 2017 8:00 PM EST

Join the meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone.
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/708932413

You can also dial in using your phone.
United States: +1 (571) 317-3122

Access Code: 708-932-413

Tentative study schedule
https://calendar.google.com/calendar/render?mode=day&date=20170119T001642#main_7|month

@dml277 @BinghamtonDave @"Alex Divine" @ScooterMinion @aimhigher @leannasamson @Omed_OvO @cm214998 @nanchito @"Lauren L" @Emely.Moreta @"el chucho" @jgsisco @Sharmetz @877blessed @mnrahall @jennagould60 @Citygirl @aaronmorris222 @bswise2 @KWoulf13 @mckenzieleanne10 @hhhiser_06 @DinnerAtSix @couchifer @poohbear @SherryS1 @smartaone2 @red_ambrosia @crp9ce @DiligenFxy0628 @karen.sov @spbarry @cfield.3 @JustDoIt @lawgikal @TheMikey @justicedst @bbutler @Mitzyyyy @AlexandriaD @"Burt Macklin" @"adore-no" @twssmith @gaandrsn @RafaelBernard @CinnamonTea @TheMikey @sheridan9194 @jimmyrivera201 @meg321go @carlistics @draj0623 @jcorine26 @caitieadams @ppcoelho1 @Gladiator_2015 @sunnyvictoria0610 @yamameerzada484 @bruingirl1205 @emilyxiong315 @lawschoolstuff16 @joneselisabethpenn @gaandrsn @tsan220 @Grace... @dantlee14 @dannyshaw @"Not Ralph Nader" @etphonehome @"subi rami" @cetienn2 @zyahya @Connor180 @Walliums @canadalegalbiz @jeremybentham @HennaC15 @helentang02 @imekahel @sacksj18 @Mattglandry @trxdsd91 @jknauf @hernandk @far_k_hd @BenjiM123 @morganclarke @phelanj75 @d_villa @5everLSATing @mo.sheikh @zyahya @cetienn2 @"subi rami" @etphonehome @rachaels @"Michelle Juma" @rpffj1213, @alex.e92, @McLovinLSAT, @bswise2, @corgimeister, @BryantFu @leslieh327, @etphonehome, @evan3826 @danielznelson

Comments

• twssmithtwssmith Alum
    5120 karma

Thanks @nessa.k13.0 & @"Jonathan Wang" for setting this up:) Really looking forward to it!!

(ps - Love the gif's!)

• rafaelitorafaelito Alum Member
    1063 karma

Since I started studying LR and LG have improved while RC has stayed the same or gotten worse. When I try to deliberately (consciously) try to focus on reasoning structure it seems the opposite happens - I start to focus on the details. What are general tips or what is the general mental state one should have going into RC passages?

• Pi031415Pi031415 Alum Member
    248 karma

Can I join the June study group or is it too late?

• SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma

@cskent329 said:
    Can I join the June study group or is it too late?

Not too late! Nessa will squeeze you in asap :)

• WalliumsWalliums Member
    373 karma

For folks who have already gone through the core curriculum (so for people who aren't brand new to LR), what are some common issues/mistakes in tackling LR?

• jknaufjknauf Alum Member
    edited February 2017 1741 karma
    1. Do you think there is a universal approach one should utilize while working through an LR question?

2. We've talked briefly about pre-phrasing answer choices on discord. How important is pre-phrasing, and what would you do if you were unable to come up with a pre-phrase? Skip or go to the answer choices?

3. Any advice on getting better at creating pre-phrases?

4. Stimulus or question stem first and why?

• nessa.k13.0nessa.k13.0 Inactive ⭐
    edited February 2017 4141 karma

@cskent329 I'll add you to the list!

@twssmith :) NP (don't tell anyone but I think Jonathan is secretly a sweet educator :wink:

Thanks @jknauf @RafaelBernard and @Walliums for your questions! I've added them to the list!

4141 karma

@Jessica_Kuba this is what I was talking about :)

• twssmithtwssmith Alum
    edited February 2017 5120 karma

@nessa.k13.0 you're secret is safe with me, heehee :smiley:

If we have time for a specific question - I understand the answer and process for PT62,4,18 - any advice on strategy to tackle this type of question when under timed conditions? (after skipping, of course)
    edited to add: the Sentient Being existing question

• MapleSarahpMapleSarahp Member
    125 karma

@nessa.k13.0 hi Nessa! :smiley: question i'd like to ask in the webinar: i got used to an early morning schedule (doing questions by 8:30am) while preparing for a December lsat exam, but now that I'm preparing for the June exam which starts at 1pm-ish, do you think it'd be a good idea to try to "start" everything/PTs closer to1pm, instead of early morning? i tried it out but just felt slightly terrible about wasting the morning not doing questions until noon.

4141 karma