Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Where to start?

denisepoloperezdenisepoloperez Free Trial Member
in General 25 karma

Hello-

I am planning to start studying for LSAT, trying to figure out a way to start, having a toddler is not easy in managing time.
I have a 3.2 GPA and want to get in good school. I want to take September test, haven't start studying yet. How can 7sage help, which program would be the best to work with?

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited March 2017 23929 karma

@denisepoloperez said:
    Hello-

I am planning to start studying for LSAT, trying to figure out a way to start, having a toddler is not easy in managing time.
    I have a 3.2 GPA and want to get in good school. I want to take September test, haven't start studying yet. How can 7sage help, which program would be the best to work with?

Hello,

Welcome to 7Sage! First, the best advice I ever received is to set my goal as a score and not a date. You can take the LSAT whenever you are ready so don't take before you are consistently scoring where you want to be on timed practice exams. The LSAT is the most important part of the law school application process and it is worth all the time you need. You may very well be ready by September but it may also take a year.

Second, I would recommend the Ultimate + package. For the money there is no better value. It will give you everything you need from a diagnostic (PT June 07) drills to problem sets/explanations and the PTs you will need. You will likely have to spend way more to buy all of those things separate. And even then they aren't organized and printable like much of the 7Sage stuff.

Good luck!

• edited March 2017 1025 karma

I am shooting for the September test as well! I seriously was just asking that same question not too long ago (I believe I even posted a discussion very similar to yours also). I have so say, 7sage has been absolutely amazing. With all of the discussion form feedback, the video explanations, weekly study schedule, and, most of all, the course itself; I cannot see how one can ever score lower then their full potential if they work hard. I am about half way done with the course and I feel as confident as ever. In my opinion, the 7sage approach to LSAT learning is fantastic. I have not even got to the point in my study where I am able to use the analytic tools I so often see raved about.

Regarding your question, just jump right into the curriculum and you'll gradually start to see the stars align, as the LSAT is a very foreign way of thinking for most. The best part is that you can shape your studying around your schedule, rather than the other way around. I would imagine this would be important with work, family, and your child.

I also want to add in my own personal opinion on the September test and starting now. I do not want in any way to deter you from this choice, but I started two months ago and I am still struggling to make the date on time, so it might be a bit of a stretch. If you truly want to get accepted to the best law school possible, you will work until you reach your goal practice test score and then sign up for the test after. If this happens to be September, then great. If not, then there will aways be another LSAT on the brink for you to write.

As always though, feel free to post any more questions you may have, the community is always here!! I hope to see you around.

• tanes256tanes256 Alum Member
    2573 karma

@denisepoloperez start with the June 07 practice test. This will be used as your diagnostic. You can kinda judge if you'll be ready for Sept. based off your score although I agree that you should be striving for a particular score instead of a particular date. You shouldn't expect to score a 180 on the diagnostic because the test is probably foreign to you but it'll tell you how far you have to go to get to your desired score. You can always start with the lowest pkg and upgrade later if you decide it's necessary. There is a 14 day money back guarantee so I would just jump right in!

• SamiSami Yearly + Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    10801 karma

@denisepoloperez said:
    Hello-

I definitely recommend the ultimate + package as well. The good thing about the videos is you can do it on your own time whenever you have time as opposed to a class. Also, you can wear headphones. I don't have a baby but I am sure noise might be an issue, so headphones may solve that problem. I honestly love the core curriculum of 7sage. I would finish those first, then do the drills till you understand and get a good grasp of the concepts and when you are done, I would start taking practice test and see where you are and work on your weaknesses.

I am sure its not easy with a baby. But I am confident you can do it.

Good luck <3