Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PT marks

Anthony SAnthony S Free Trial Member
edited July 2013 in General 12 karma
I recently just took a proctored practice test and on my first try I only scored a 140. This was without any studying except for about an hr looking at 1D games (which I got correct on the exam). Is there any way I would be able to achieve over a 160 then? I hear so many people saying that they have gotten 160s on their first practice test, but if that was with studying, Idk? Anyways... I think fear of failure is setting in for some reason. What do you guys think about the first PT marks? I am writing in October.

Comments

• The_RiseThe_Rise Alum Member
    283 karma
    simply - yes this is possible. however, I am not sure if you've got enough time for october. may want to try december.

hopefully others get their opinion in.
  • vitesse951vitesse951 Free Trial Member
    33 karma
    Yes, it's possible. There seems to be a high degree of variability between a diagnostic score and what you are capable of achieving after study. Some people are 20-25 points above their initial diagnostic in a couple of months. Maybe you are one of those people. If not, you can still track your PTs, and make the determination in October if you think you are ready or should wait until December.
  • Anthony SAnthony S Free Trial Member
    12 karma
    I already signed up for the October LSAT, but should I also sign up for the December one just in case before it fills up? Do people do this? Or is this unheard of?
  • Anthony SAnthony S Free Trial Member
    12 karma
    I am confident I will do better than my PT mark once I study all four sections and learn the tricks to them. I always have this fear of failure and need reassurance for almost everything even though I usually do very well in Uni and score A's on everything. But here...the LSAT is an entirely new thing.
  • CJ ShinCJ Shin Free Trial Member
    302 karma
    Hmm.. I personally think that the diagnostic test cannot be used to gauge your true potential for improvement because LSAT really is different from anything you have ever taken so far in your life.
    Of course there are some people that are just natural at it, but there are very very few of these people.
    Granted that you have done well in college and that you have a good enough mental capacity to absorb the materials through studying, your diagnostic test score should not really matter as it is likely to be the result of you not being "used" to such tests.
    It took me 1.5 months of 7sage course + 1.5 mnths of PTing to be in the 165+ range.
    My initial score was not far off from yours, so don't worry about it.