Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Study Plan

skdygks03skdygks03 Alum Member
in General 34 karma

Hello guys.

I am a beginner in 7sages. I have studied LSAT for 3 months by LSAT Trainer. I recently found out this site and am now running on CC. I posted this because I think I need some advice on the direction of my study before I go further in the journey.

To begin with, I am currently gearing my study to June LSAT, and my average PT score goes 17/18 in LR, 19/20 in LG, and 22/23 in RC. My goal is from high 160 to low 170. Among other sections, LR keeps me from getting higher scores. The reason why I started to follow 7sages' CC was to improve my overall abilities in LR, which is the most hardest section for me in terms of accuracy and timing.

But as for RC and LG, I thought I could improve them by doing what I have done for practice. For LG, I did one section under 35 mins every day and checked 7sages video explanation for games that I had trouble in however little that trouble is. For RC, like LG, I did one section under 35 mins every day and checked what I got wrong.

**This being said, is it a good idea for me to stop doing these and follow CC first for LG and RC?****** The reason why I ask this question is that I had not enough time to finish the whole curriculum including LG and RC before June and am just considering skipping LG and RC portions in CC. I just want to ask this question to those who found difference in 7sages curriculum especially in LG and RC.

Thank you.

Comments

• SeriousbirdSeriousbird Alum Member
    1278 karma

I would do the entire curriculum first and then take practice tests to see where you stand in terms of improvement. Don't jeopardize your LSAT score so you can make a certain date.

• inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma

@sweetsecret said:
    I would do the entire curriculum first and then take practice tests to see where you stand in terms of improvement. Don't jeopardize your LSAT score so you can make a certain date.

https://i.imgur.com/EucIfYY.gif

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited March 2017 23929 karma

@sweetsecret said:

Yup! Do the CC, do the problem sets, BR them, and practice timed sections somewhat regularly from older tests. Then fool proof all the LGs starting from 1-35 (https://7sage.com/how-to-get-a-perfect-score-on-the-logic-games/)

The CC is designed to be followed. It builds on itself in a very profound way. When I first started I actually made the mistake of skipping around and would often realize I didn't understand something very simple I'd missed from another lesson. You can probably finish the CC in about 2 months. that's the average from what I've figured from just asking tons of people. So it doesn't look like June will give you enough time to finish the CC properly and do an adequate number of PTs. I'd recommend doing at least 20 of the most recent before sitting for the test. 7Sage assigns 36-80 currently, and I'm not sure if I'll end up doing ALL of them as timed exams, but I do want to make sure I at least work through all the available materials. It never hurts to just do old timed sections.

Try to plan on doing 1-2 PTs a week when you start post-CC. Utilize the analytics and work on addressing reoccurring problems. Most of your improvement will be made shoring up your weaknesses during blind review and drilling between the tests themselves. Which is why I personally think for some people 20 tests is enough, especially if you review them all correctly and make sure you understand why you are getting questions right and why you are getting them wrong.

Set a goal as a score number, which it looks like you have, a 170. And when you're PTing in that range then will be the correct time to sign up for a test date. You seem to be off to an excellent start and coming off of The Trainer you will be more easily able to pick up on many things easier than someone coming in blind.

Good luck and welcome to 7Sage!

• BinghamtonDaveBinghamtonDave Alum Member 🍌🍌
    8699 karma

Do you mean that you are getting 17 or 18 correct out of an LR section?

• skdygks03skdygks03 Alum Member
    34 karma

Thank you all for good advice.
    @BinghamtonDave Yes.