Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LSAT Pilot Test

smseraj3smseraj3 Alum Member
edited May 2017 in General 162 karma

I just got an email with 2 pdfs from LSAC and in one they stated: "You will receive an analysis of your personal performance on the
pilot test approximately 6 weeks after the administration. This analysis will include the number of correct and incorrect answers in each section and for groups of questions involving certain types of skills."

Im taking the pilot test to get jitters out of the way but I was hoping to know my score before the June LSAT. Doesn't it seem weird that it takes 6 weeks instead of the normal 4, even though its a pilot? Isn't the point to know your score right after or maybe a little after the test.

Thoughts?

Comments

• inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma

I assume they're working on making sure there are no kinks in the system by making it digitally scored, but also going through all of the tests by hand to make sure nothing was done wrong. At least that's my theory.

• dennisgerrarddennisgerrard Member
    1644 karma

Like @"Dillon A. Wright" said, it's a new to them as well. They need make sure the results are recorded correctly.

Any thought on the Pilot Test???

• Mellow_ZMellow_Z Alum Member
    edited May 2017 1997 karma

It does kind of suck. I'm hoping maybe they will give you a score right when you finish your test? I was also hoping of using this as a "benchmark" to gauge whether I'd be ready for September or not. Granted, I will still have time to cancel if necessary, but I would prefer to drastically overhaul my studying strategy instead of canceling, if I found out I was lacking from where I wanted to be. Oh well :disappointed:

• SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma

@Mellow_Z said:
    It does kind of suck. I'm hoping maybe they will give you a score right when you finish your test? I was also hoping of using this as a "benchmark" to gauge whether I'd be ready for September or not. Granted, I will still have time to cancel if necessary, but I would prefer to drastically overhaul my studying strategy instead of canceling, if I found out I was lacking from where I wanted to be. Oh well :disappointed:

Yeah I was reading about that on the powerscore blog. I do think when the real digital LSATs roll out, scores will be available immediately. Who knows. But I will say that you don't necessarily have to wait for this test's results to see whether or not you're in good standing to take the actual LSAT. You should be taking PTs similar to test-day conditions (timing, location etc.) and those scores should give you a good indication of whether or not to postpone.

PS - really bummed the pilot LSAT wasn't offered anywhere near me. I hope you guys will give us all the deets upon completion :smiley:

• JustDoItJustDoIt Alum Member
    3112 karma

Side note: has anyone received their admission ticket yet?

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

Yeah, also read about that 6-week delay. That's wack, but I'm sure it will be a very valuable experience. I'm so curious to here how it is for you guys taking it!

• smseraj3smseraj3 Alum Member
    162 karma

@JustDoIt
    It was in the same email. got it yesterday

• sailcarolinesailcaroline Free Trial Member
    40 karma

Has anyone confirmed whether the Digital LSAT will have new questions, or recycled ones from old tests?

1997 karma

@carolinehwallace said:
    Has anyone confirmed whether the Digital LSAT will have new questions, or recycled ones from old tests?

There hasn't been any word on this yet. There likely won't be either, until we show up and take the test

• SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma

@Mellow_Z said:

@carolinehwallace said:

There hasn't been any word on this yet. There likely won't be either, until we show up and take the test

I can't imagine they will put questions that have been in previous LSATs, especially since they will give some type of score afterwards.

1997 karma

@Sprinkles said:

@Mellow_Z said:

@carolinehwallace said:

I can't imagine they will put questions that have been in previous LSATs, especially since they will give some type of score afterwards.

I'm definitely hoping for a fresh set of questions - easy PT in that case that would have all indicators of performance on game day. You'll have anxiety since it's at a testing center and uncertainty since you've never seen the questions before.. and it's more content to review afterwards for the real test.