Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is there a ranking of overall LSAT PT difficulty?

dantlee14dantlee14 Free Trial Member
in General 617 karma

I know 7sage has difficulty ratings of all the LG sections, but is there something similar for CR/LR? I'm trying to figure out which final PTs to take before writing in June, and I'd like to take at least 2 of the harder overall tests (I've left most of the 70's available for this purpose) and an easier one to boost confidence before test day.

Comments

• AllezAllez21AllezAllez21 Member Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    1917 karma

In the Trends tab on the Analytics section, there are difficulty rankings of LR and RC sections. You could use that to find some of the more difficult sections. It's really more about your own personal weaknesses though. I'd just drill weaknesses and do some of the 70s series PTs.

• Mellow_ZMellow_Z Alum Member
    edited May 2017 1997 karma

October 1997 is widely seen as the most difficult test. Granted it is old, but the curve was incredible : -4 for 180, -16 for 170.

February 99 and Dec 98 are also very close in difficulty to Oct 97, but just a hair below.

If you are only interested in recent tests, then the curve matters a lot less as they are all relatively close, all around -11 to -12 for 170's.

Sept 16, Dec 15, Oct 15, Dec 14, Sept 14, June 14, Dec 13 are the tougher ones of the more recent exams.

• dantlee14dantlee14 Free Trial Member
    617 karma

That's a great call Mellow, thanks so much! I've only been doing the LG from older tests, so I'll definitely check out the October 97 test. Super helpful info for the recent tests, too.

• jknaufjknauf Alum Member
    1741 karma

@dantlee14 check out this thread. Someone was kind enough to compile a list of LSATs with nasty curves. I recommend bookmarking

https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/9401/14-pt-curve-list

• JustDoItJustDoIt Alum Member
    3112 karma

Also a complete list of curves and distributions can be found on the Cambridge website.

https://www.cambridgelsat.com/resources/data/consolidated-score-conversion-charts/

• JustDoItJustDoIt Alum Member
    3112 karma

@Mellow_Z said:
    Sept 16, Dec 15, Oct 15, Dec 14, Sept 14, June 14, Dec 13 are the tougher ones of the more recent exams.

So basically, most of the newest tests are really tough..?

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@Mellow_Z said:
    October 1997 is widely seen as the most difficult test. Granted it is old, but the curve was incredible : -4 for 180, -16 for 170.

February 99 and Dec 98 are also very close in difficulty to Oct 97, but just a hair below.

If you are only interested in recent tests, then the curve matters a lot less as they are all relatively close, all around -11 to -12 for 170's.

Man, that Oct 97 is beast! -16 for a 170 is insane!!

• dantlee14dantlee14 Free Trial Member
    617 karma

@JustDoIt said:

@Mellow_Z said:

So basically, most of the newest tests are really tough..?

Seems like 2014 was a rough year lol