Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is 2 and a half months long enough to PT?

nathanieljschwartznathanieljschwartz Alum Member
in General 1723 karma

I finished the CC last week and i am starting to foolproof, assuming that it will take me 4 weeks to foolproof that leaves me with 10 weeks to PT. What do you think about this timeline.?

P.s. my LR scores are around -2 so i am not so sure i need to drill them. And i am practicing the memory method daily.

Comments

• AllezAllez21AllezAllez21 Member Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    1917 karma

It really depends on where you are now vs. where you want to score. Even then, people improve at different rates.

I would say 2 PTs a week is about the maximum you can do and hope to really learn from them. So that gives you 20 tests in 10 weeks at the most, which is decent. Depending on how you're doing on LG already you could try to take a couple of PTs during your fool proofing.

At this point, you just have to start and keep working hard and see how it goes. You can adjust your plan as you go.

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27853 karma

Yeah, it really just depends on where you are and what your goals are, plus how effectively you study and how quickly you progress. If you're at a 150 and aiming for a 175, it's probably not. If you're at a 160 and aiming for a 165, yeah, that's probably enough.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

Like the others above me have said; it depends. The answer we so often hate to hear. I don't think it's a terribly short amount of time to have to PT at 1-2 per week. Then again, some people hit their target scores within 3 tests and others take 30.

• tn7sagertn7sager Alum Member
    68 karma

Would people suggest to foolproof before you even start pting? Do you just practice sections of LR and RC while you foolproof LG?

• tringo335tringo335 Alum Member
    3679 karma

What does it mean to foolproof after CC?

• AllezAllez21AllezAllez21 Member Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    1917 karma

@tringo335 fool proofing explained here:
    https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/2737/logic-games-attack-strategy/p1

@tn7sager I would start fool proofing before PTing. After the CC maybe take a few weeks to drill your RC and LR weaknesses and also begin fool proofing. Not too long though depending on your target test date. Then you can finish fool proofing as you do your first few PTs.

• Daniel.SieradzkiDaniel.Sieradzki Member Sage
    edited June 2017 2301 karma

Yeah, I think that is a good timeline. You want to make sure you are also solid on LG (especially) and RC before you PT. I would recommend that you foolproof LG from PTs 1-35. Once you are consistently going -0, try your hand at a PT. Someone on a recent BR call pointed out that it is still very possible to struggle with LG on a PT even after foolproofing PTs 1-35. Thus, you may have to return and drill certain game types before doing additional PTs.

Honestly, I feel that most of the learning comes from drilling and BRing. PTs are there to identify weaknesses, which is why it is important to drill, foolproof, and do the CC before doing PTs. You want to fix as many weaknesses as you can before you PT so that you can hone in on the remaining ones. This is also why you should do some drilling between PTs. You need to address the weaknesses revealed by the previous PT before you take another PT. Otherwise, you will make the same mistakes on the next PT, which tells you nothing and is largely a waste of a test.