Comments

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9377 karma

I think J.Y. gives a great explanation on this game:
    https://7sage.com/lsat_explanations/lsat-10-section-2-game-4/

Can you elaborate on your question?

• BinghamtonDaveBinghamtonDave Alum Member 🍌🍌
    8699 karma

I did not hear back from you in regards to the response I posted to your previous inquiry about PT 2 Game 2. Again, I have to ask, what is it about this game that is not quite adding up? Mr. Ping's game explanations are some of the best on the market, but they do assume some understanding of how rules interact: an understanding built through practice and experience with the core curriculum, this is why he often references lessons in the CC that might supplement our understanding of specific games or rules. Are you having trouble understanding the conditional rules? What happens for instance when a necessary condition is fulfilled? I'm afraid that a general explanation of the game in my own words might miss some of the key pieces of information you might benefit most from.

Let me know what aspect of the game is not quite making sense either here or via direct message and I will help to the best of my abilities. I started only being able to get a single question correct on a game set and have since improved.
    David

• nathanieljschwartznathanieljschwartz Alum Member
    1723 karma

So JY decided to go w the in out setup, which i get l.then he linked up j->/m. The way i understand conditionality says that there is a not both relationship between j and m , and n and m. So shouldn't have JY have put a n/m or j/m in the out slot for rodrigos concertos ? Especially since he went on to explain and write in the not both rule for x/z? I understand that since there is only 1 open spot in the out group for vivaldis concertos there could also be the x/z in the in group. But still why didnt he at least put j/m or n/m out?

8699 karma

The J/M out spot would be a bit difficult to represent on our board because it would be across categories. J is by Giuliani and M is by Rodrigo. A better way to represent the logical relationship between these two variables is the chain Mr. Ping drew out in the lesson. The M/N spot would not have to be drawn for the in category, only the out category because both M and N could both be out. In that case, OPYZ and take 2 out of 3 from Giuliani to fill the game board.

8699 karma

The way of representing the X/Z in X/Z out worked so well due to spacial considerations, the two variables must trade In/Out across all possible worlds. There are only 3 things to choose from when it comes to Vivaldi. We must choose 2 of these 3 and 2 of the three are not both. This gives us the hidden inference that Y must be in. Furthermore it gives us the hidden inference that there are only 2 worlds for Vivaldi: YX or YZ.