Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Seven hells! That damned writing sample

LSAT Is ComingLSAT Is Coming Alum Member
edited June 2017 in June 2017 LSAT 530 karma

By the wrath of the old gods and the new, they actually did it. Little did I expect when I woke up yesterday to be most psychologically traumatized not by Reading Comp or Logic Games, but by the blasted writing sample.

Using the writing sample to have us write about whether a brother of the Night's Watch should be allowed to renege on his vows -- a sick, treacherous ploy by those above us to erode our confidence in the protective blanket the Watch provides the realm.

Mark my words my brothers and sisters, there is a darkness in this world, more cold and tormenting than even the four-hour exam by the name of LSAT. Winter is coming, with or without the Watch. Without the brothers on the Wall, however, along with Winter so too will come an unending shadow, shrouding our hearts in unspeakable darkness.

To those who argued that oath-breakers should be forgiven (or, gods forbid, encouraged), may the Seven protect you from what is yet to come, and may I remind you of the words that each brother of the Watch swears, with both men and gods as his witness:

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children, discuss any specifics about the June 2017 LSAT. I shall wear no digital watches and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the #2 non-mechanical pencil in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this exam and all the exams to come."

Did you argue against the Watch? I welcome any traitors to out themselves below.

Comments

• GrecoRomanGrecoRoman Alum Member
    edited June 2017 140 karma

I argued that in certain cases, reneging on the vow is appropriate. For instance, say you are someone whose father has connections to the one true king; in this case, you would be free to renege on your oath in order to join the king on an adventure to recapture your homeland without repercussions.

• LSAT Is ComingLSAT Is Coming Alum Member
    530 karma

Others take you

• LSAT Is ComingLSAT Is Coming Alum Member
    530 karma

You know nothing, "work all week"

• GrecoRomanGrecoRoman Alum Member
    edited June 2017 140 karma

@"LSAT Is Coming" said:
    You know nothing, "work all week"

The Jurist of the North disagrees.

• stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    3197 karma

Wait...Wha?

• NotMyNameNotMyName Alum Member Sage
    5320 karma

hahaha! i'm enjoying this thread so much. This writing sample sounds a hell of a lot more interesting than mine was last year.

• theLSATdreamertheLSATdreamer Alum Member
    1287 karma

are you serious? that was our writing sample? mine was about adding toll booths to a city tha alraedy had a lot of traffic, which i replied in a lengthy rant about adding pay by mail/easy pass only tolls as a compromise. I feel as if that could've been the Icing on my lsat journey, question on GOT.. a lil jealous here

• nilakayjacksonnilakayjackson Free Trial Member
    28 karma

@theLSATdreamer I got the toll road question too!

• stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    3197 karma

Haha me too! Re toll boths...

• theLSATdreamertheLSATdreamer Alum Member
    1287 karma

@nilakayjackson @stepharizona i literally wrote a page about compromising and using pay by mail/easy pass only booths with a discount for residents in order not to harm traffic or lose their votes. I took the accommodation test, 53 min per sec, after 5 hours of testing writing about toll booths was torture.