Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LG foolproofing question

vanessa fishervanessa fisher Alum Member
in Logic Games 1084 karma

Hey all,
So I'm finding myself a bit confused on the LG fool proofing method. Not the actual method, but which games I'm using. I have seen lots of people say the games from 1-35, but I'm not sure where this "packet" of games is on 7sage. What I did was take all the games from the LG section in the CC that J.Y went over, as they seem like a good large sample of the different kinds of games you need to master, and I'm fool proofing those. But those games don't seem to be all games from tests 1-35. Honestly, when I looked online, I couldn't even find the LSAT tests from below 7. I did purchase the 7-12 tests and I'm doing some of those games to mix it up as their style is quite different from the newer games.

So I'm just a bit confused about the 1-35 packet thing. I feel like if I master the games in the CC that that is probably good enough, as well as throwing in some of the games from earlier prep tests to test my ability to handle weird games. I also plan to spend a lot of time with miscellaneous games.

Am I approaching this wrong?
Thanks!

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@"vanessa fisher" said:
    Hey all,
    So I'm finding myself a bit confused on the LG fool proofing method. Not the actual method, but which games I'm using. I have seen lots of people say the games from 1-35, but I'm not sure where this "packet" of games is on 7sage. What I did was take all the games from the LG section in the CC that J.Y went over, as they seem like a good large sample of the different kinds of games you need to master, and I'm fool proofing those. But those games don't seem to be all games from tests 1-35. Honestly, when I looked online, I couldn't even find the LSAT tests from below 7. I did purchase the 7-12 tests and I'm doing some of those games to mix it up as their style is quite different from the newer games.

So I'm just a bit confused about the 1-35 packet thing. I feel like if I master the games in the CC that that is probably good enough, as well as throwing in some of the games from earlier prep tests to test my ability to handle weird games. I also plan to spend a lot of time with miscellaneous games.

Am I approaching this wrong?
    Thanks!

The "bundle" is available to those with Ultimate + (along with LR drill packets, question bank, and hard difficulty problem sets)

I don't think you're approaching it wrong by using what you already have. That said, I think the best way to master games is to do them all. If you don't want to upgrade to Ult +, then try to find used tests on Amazon or Ebay. Many of the games post PT65 have all been somewhat similar to many of those older games. It's important to fool proof them all now more than ever.

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9377 karma

I agree with @"Alex Divine". The best way is to do them all!

If you upgrade to Ultimate+, you can get LG Bundle (PT1-35) here:
    https://7sage.com/lesson/logic-games-bundle-preptests-1-35/

• vanessa fishervanessa fisher Alum Member
    1084 karma

Thanks for the info. Maybe it's best to upgrade then.
    Thanks!

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@"vanessa fisher" said:
    Thanks for the info. Maybe it's best to upgrade then.
    Thanks!

Yeah, having them all in E-doc format so you can print and re-print them whenever is pretty darn convenient. Plus the question bank has helped me immensely, too.

1084 karma

@"Alex Divine" Do you know why they don't sell prep tests 1-7 online anymore?
    Just generally curious.

And yeah, will upgrade today

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@"vanessa fisher" said:
    @"Alex Divine" Do you know why they don't sell prep tests 1-7 online anymore?
    Just generally curious.

And yeah, will upgrade today

Good option! :)

As to why they don't make the early PTs more accessible, I don't actually know. I would guess it is just because they are from the early 90s and they probably aren't worth still producing since they won't sell very well. Most people who prep for the LSAT only buy the last Actual 10 book (PTs 62-71) or so, maybe PTs 52-61...

• NotMyNameNotMyName Alum Member Sage
    5320 karma

@"Alex Divine"

Most people who prep for the LSAT only buy the last Actual 10 book (PTs 62-71) or so, maybe PTs 52-61...

It's true. 1-80 plus ABC and whatever other stragglers exist are only just us degenerate LSAT hounds

1084 karma

lol :)

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@jkatz1488 said:
    @"Alex Divine"

Most people who prep for the LSAT only buy the last Actual 10 book (PTs 62-71) or so, maybe PTs 52-61...

It's true. 1-80 plus ABC and whatever other stragglers exist are only just us degenerate LSAT hounds

Haha! If you don't have C2 and Feb 97' as well, then are you even a 7Sager? ;)