BR Score Calculation - LG and RC

NotMyNameNotMyName Alum Member Sage
in General 5320 karma

LR is pretty clear for me: I get to redo the ones I circle because they were hard at that time. If I don't circle a question and I get it wrong, well then I missed something big and need to figure out what.

In RC and LG, misunderstandings can carry through entire passages/games. Do ya'll redo the entire section for these and add BR scores for every question? Or do you, as in LR, only add BR scores for the one's you circled?

At the moment, I am redoing the entire LG and RC sections with a clean copy in BR, but only adding BR answers to analytics for questions that I circled.

Thanks for your input!

Comments

• Maddie D.Maddie D. Alum Member
    325 karma

For games, I redo the entire game in BR so I make sure I have a really thorough understanding of inferences and setup to see what I'm missing. For RC, I reread the passage and any notations I made against the second read-through to make sure I was summarizing/pulling out important info accurately, and then I just redo the questions I circled. I tend to get out of RC with about -3 total and games have always been a weaker point for me (weird, I know) so I go into the most depth BRing LG. For scoring, I only re-score circled questions regardless. I'd rather err on the side of stricter scoring even if I feel more confident in a game after doing it all the way through a second time. Hope that's helpful!

• NotMyNameNotMyName Alum Member Sage
    5320 karma

Yea that is what I am leaning towards as well. Thanks!

• vanessa fishervanessa fisher Alum Member
    1084 karma

I do the same thing as @"Maddie Distasio"
    Actually, for a while I was even doing this on LR. That is, I'd go over every single question in BR, even if I didn't circle it. I found this to be time consuming though, and also not helping me with developing confidence on easy questions, so now I just BR the ones I circled.

RC I always re-read passage and redo questions. LG I always redo games and questions

• NotMyNameNotMyName Alum Member Sage
    5320 karma

@"vanessa fisher" i agree. it can take me up to 20 minutes to type out my question analyses for LR... doing two entire section... 16 hours!

• vanessa fishervanessa fisher Alum Member
    1084 karma

@jkatz1488
    yeah it can get crazy :)
    I still spend a ton of time on BR, but I'm getting more to like 2 and a half days to BR a test, which is an improvement. lol