Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The LSAT is an onion

TheAnxious0LTheAnxious0L Alum Member
edited August 2017 in General 587 karma

OMG THIS EXAM.

Okay yes, I get it, it's learnable. But holy shit is there so much to learn. It's like every time you understand something, you realize how much MORE THIS IS TO FREAKING UNDERSTAND. A 170 is possible for anyone...it's just the number of layers you're willing to peel back to get that score....and the months of your life you're willing to commit.

Like I hate it. But I love it because it's addicting. And I'm possibly going insane after the study-marathon I seem to be on.

Okay that's it.

Happy Wednesday :)

Comments

• Freddy_DFreddy_D Alum Member
    2983 karma

The LSAT is definitely like an onion because it stinks and, sometimes, it makes me want to cry. :(

• TheAnxious0LTheAnxious0L Alum Member
    587 karma

I> @Freddy_D said:

The LSAT is definitely like an onion because it stinks and, sometimes, it makes me want to cry. :(

It's honestly a borderline toxic relationship. Lots of tears

587 karma

The Lsat Is an onion.
    All ogres are an onion.

Therefore the Lsat is an ogre.

DID I GET THAT RIGHT!?
    Signed,
    struggling with validity.

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    edited August 2017 13286 karma

@"Idil.Beshir" said:

The Lsat Is an onion.
    All ogres are an onion.

DID I GET THAT RIGHT!?
    Signed,

Hmmm it would have to be "all Onions are ogres" to get the conclusion you just drew...

All onions are ogers
    The LSAT is an Onion

Therefore the LSAT is an Oger.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

Yup, the LSAT is a big, big, 700 layered Onion. The good news is that you realized this early on in your studies ;)

587 karma

I swear I knew that.

@LSATcantwin said:

@"Idil.Beshir" said:

The Lsat Is an onion.
    All ogres are an onion.

DID I GET THAT RIGHT!?
    Signed,

Hmmm it would have to be "all Onions are ogres" to get the conclusion you just drew...

All onions are ogers
    The LSAT is an Onion

Therefore the LSAT is an Oger.

• tringo335tringo335 Alum Member
    3679 karma

Haha love this

• dfletch5dfletch5 Alum Member
    260 karma

@"Idil.Beshir" said:
    OMG THIS EXAM.

Okay yes, I get it, it's learnable. But holy shit is there so much to learn. It's like every time you understand something, you realize how much MORE THIS IS TO FREAKING UNDERSTAND. A 170 is possible for anyone...it's just the number of layers you're willing to peel back to get that score....and the months of your life you're willing to commit.

Like I hate it. But I love it because it's addicting. And I'm possibly going insane after the study-marathon I seem to be on.

@"Idil.Beshir" I totally agree! For me, I learn in short spurts and I chew on little bits like a rabbit, ponder, explore, test, evaluate and then move to the next bite which means this could easily be a six to eight month process for just the CC, and possibly another six to eight months of testing. That's a very hard pill to swallow, but I'm embracing it -:)

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

lol yeah the LSAT sucks and makes me cry. it makes me feel like an incompetent moron but then I remember that LSAC banned LSAT specific watches for idiotic reasons and I don't feel as much of a moron anymore :)

• OlamHafuchOlamHafuch Alum Member
    2326 karma

Hey @TheMikey looking at many of the inane rules LSAC has come up with can give you the same confidence boost. See, for example, the rule banning earplugs.

• jonw.khanjonw.khan Member
    31 karma

@"Idil.Beshir" said:

The Lsat Is an onion.
    All ogres are an onion.

DID I GET THAT RIGHT!?
    Signed,

@"Idil.Beshir" said:

The Lsat Is an onion.
    All ogres are an onion.

DID I GET THAT RIGHT!?
    Signed,

Some lsats are ogres I guess ?

• AndWhyisBwrongAndWhyisBwrong Alum Member
    92 karma

I love onions, but they give me a headache, just like the LSAT : )

• dishwasherdishwasher Member
    34 karma

The LSAT isn't an onion. The LSAT is a ladder.

• tams2018tams2018 Member
    727 karma

makes me wish logic was taught more in schools. I am talking starting with primary/elementary schools.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@tams2018 said:
    makes me wish logic was taught more in schools. I am talking starting with primary/elementary schools.

I've often thought about the positive effects of introducing more logic/reasoning type thinking in elementary schools. I think it would be a great thing to learn regardless of whether the students go on to take the LSAT.