Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LG Worst Case Scenario

alexandra.marlenealexandra.marlene Alum Member
in Logic Games 102 karma

I have been studying since May rigorously and have gone through the whole LG Bible as well as done PTs and have been working through 7Sage's curriculum as well. LG is just not clicking. I keep trying, but it seems every game besides a simple sequencing game (which I still may have -1or -2) I am simply not making the inferences either correctly or quickly enough. Let's just say I never get LG, though I'll keep trying, what's the worst case scenario here? Pick one game on the LSAT, hope I get them all, then just...what...guess on the rest? Do as many inferences as possible and...what...guess on the rest? Pulling my hair out over here. JY's videos make so much sense and I'll think, hey, it's finally happening for me. Then I'll look at a game, work through it, think - that wasn't too bad, bu then I'll get -4 and it took me 15 minutes. Any advice??

Comments

• Victoria14Victoria14 Alum Member
    776 karma

As someone who as -5/-6 MAX person in LG before starting 7sage, I will be honest about his videos. I think he puts a lot of stress on making the perfect game board. While you essentially can fly through the questions after that, I've always been successful in setting up a functional game board that got me to my answer. The -5 always came from questions I left behind. I think I can lower that number but it's going to take some work. Have you tried just jumping into the game and figuring out inferences as you go?

I also think it's worrisome you aren't making correct inferences. Are you misreading or genuinely just not setting things up correctly?

Also, are you using the Fool Proof Method? Are you MASTERING each and every game? You should to look at another game until you can correctly and quickly answer every single question.

• nathanieljschwartznathanieljschwartz Alum Member
    1723 karma

Im with @Victoria14. I was horrendous at games for months but with pacificos method of foolproofing and lots of commitment i ,not only became best friends with my printer, i improved drastically at games .

Stick too it and dont sell yourself short

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited August 2017 23929 karma

Games have always been my weakest section. I felt like they would never click for me and I basically accepted the fact I would only get through 2 or 3 games at most. I just figured I would get perfect scores on LR and RC to make up for it.

What eventually ended up working for me is 7Sages fool proof method. I printed out every games from PT 1 to 35 and dove right in. I was painfully slow at first, but watching the lessons and LG videos eventually helped get me to a place where I felt more confident. I probably started off somewhere around -8 and little by little worked my way down. It takes time, but the fool proof method works!

This section is all about exposure and repetition. Since many of the games share repeated inferences, or at least extremely similar ones, the more games you do and master, the better you'll be next time you're faced with a similar game.

The Bibles are decent for games, but I think once you complete the 7Sage lessons on LG and fool proof things will start to click for you.

Don't give up and start thinking about worse case scenario. I promise that myself and many others have been in the same spot. If you would have told me 6-7 months ago that I could go -0 on games I wouldn't have taken it seriously at all. Now I rarely miss more than a couple per section. All about patience and practice!

• alexandra.marlenealexandra.marlene Alum Member
    102 karma

Thanks everyone for the helpful advice! @Victoria14 may have called it with the "perfect game board" comment, I ended up diving into a game and only got -1, despite my nearly empty game board. I would say I overthink the inferences, and trick myself into thinking I got it all down. I'm feeling a little "worst case" though because I am scheduled to take the September test, and don't own a printer, so what has been working for others I may just not have the time/resources for. I've just started not writing on my games, and using a clean sheet of paper to draw the boards and answer the questions, so I'm never re-doing a game that's already been marked up. Whatever the case, I will persevere, and appreciate your help so much!