Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How do you approach a RC recognize what is stated q type?

nathanieljschwartznathanieljschwartz Alum Member
edited August 2017 in Reading Comprehension 1723 karma

I know these seem fairly straight forward. But its my weakest question type. Any tips, or approaches?

Comments

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    edited August 2017 4196 karma

recognize what is stated Q type? I'm not sure if I've ever seen a Q type that says this?

e: unless you mean questions that ask you about details?

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    edited August 2017 13286 karma

@nathanieljschwartz said:
    I know these seem fairly straight forward. But its my weakest question type. Any tips, or approaches?

I'm going to give some advice that might tantalize some people here, but scan for this type of question before you start the passage....

Okay, I know, it sounds dirty. It seems like something we should never do, but with this type of question how can it hurt? If I scan real fast, see it, I'll know what to make mental note of. This saves me from having to scan back through the passage later. It's a risk, because the question might not even be there, but there is also a reward. (saving time looking later is your reward.)

I personally think that if we had more time, reading the Q's first, would be the best way to do RC. So I've modified that a little, just to hit the questions that refer directly to the passage like this.