Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Foolproofing Games

SiliconJediSiliconJedi Member
in Logic Games 142 karma

When Foolproofing LG after the Core Curriculum, do you start at PT1 and work your way up -- or would it be better to Foolproof the Games that JY teaches in the CC (sequencing, then In-Out, then Grouping, etc.), assuming you didn't do that while going through the CC?

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited August 2017 23929 karma

I would begin at PT1 and worked my way up. You will encounter the games that JY teaches again as you go through the LG bundle.

Also, I love your name btw!

• SiliconJediSiliconJedi Member
    142 karma

@"Alex Divine" - Haha, thanks! (It's a reference to Silicon Valley, where I'm based :)

Is there an advantage to alternating between lower-numbered PTs and PTs in the 30s range (e.g. PT 1 and 35, PT 2 and 34, etc.)? Would that offer a sense of both older Games and modern Games, or would you say that the Games are pretty consistent across the board?

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

You can begin from PT 1, but if you're food proofing games by game type then you have to go out of order. I personally think that fool proofing by game type is better, but doing it by PT can help too.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@SiliconJedi said:
    @"Alex Divine" - Haha, thanks! (It's a reference to Silicon Valley, where I'm based :)

Is there an advantage to alternating between lower-numbered PTs and PTs in the 30s range (e.g. PT 1 and 35, PT 2 and 34, etc.)? Would that offer a sense of both older Games and modern Games, or would you say that the Games are pretty consistent across the board?

That's pretty awesome! Silicon Valley is where it's at!!

Hmm... that's an interesting thought. While games generally do remain mostly consistent from Pts 1-35, ideally, I think you should expose yourself and fool proof all of the games, especially from 1-35. As long as you hit them all I don't necessarily think you will gain any advantage/disadvantage by alternating between lower-number and higher-numbered PTs.

That said, if you are short on time, I would put priority on fool proofing like the first 20 PTs worth of games. There's a bunch of weird games that offer up great practice for the non-traditional games that have been appearing on the new exams.

• FiestaNextDoorFiestaNextDoor Alum Member
    127 karma

was thinking the same thing man. also, not too clear on how we're supposed to be correctly fullproofing the games? do we treat them as individual games and do them x amount of times in a row or take it as a practice section? I hope for the former lol

• SiliconJediSiliconJedi Member
    142 karma

@TheMikey and @"Alex Divine" - Thanks for the responses! I'm just about to get started with LG Foolproofing, after taking PT 36 as a post-CC diagnostic. I'm excited (and nervous).

@FiestaNextDoor - What I plan on doing is similar to the method that Pacifico outlined in the discussion forum. I'll foolproof each game in the PT individually, and then later (maybe a day later and then again a week later) -- do the full section to make sure I can complete the set of 4 accurately & within 35 mins.

• FiestaNextDoorFiestaNextDoor Alum Member
    127 karma

@SiliconJedi I feel you man that sounds like a great strategy for retention