PT58 -- Did anyone find this PT especially easy?

AlexAlex Alum Member
edited August 2017 in General 23929 karma

So I woke up extra early this morning before work and took PT58. I haven't finished BR'ing it, so I haven't looked at my score, but did anyone else find this test unusually easy? I'm wondering if my confidence is just playing tricks on me because I was able to finish both LR sections and LG with quite a bit of extra time. RC didn't really seem all that hard either. Either way, I was pleasantly surprised with my performance on it.

Anyone else who recently took PT58 find it on the easier side?

Comments

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

I took PT58 and landed 1 point higher than my average score haha so I'd say for me no. It was just another PT.

Confidence helps a lot though. Maybe that confidence boost gave you the skillz to pay the billz!!

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited August 2017 23929 karma

@LSATcantwin said:
    I took PT58 and landed 1 point higher than my average score haha so I'd say for me no. It was just another PT.

Confidence helps a lot though. Maybe that confidence boost gave you the skillz to pay the billz!!

Must have just woken up on the right side of the bed. :) Also, when I get home and try to do LSAT stuff my brain is usually fried from the day.

• OlamHafuchOlamHafuch Alum Member
    2326 karma

What pencil did you use?

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@uhinberg said:
    What pencil did you use?

I like the way you think @uhinberg

I ended up going with a good ol' fashion Wopex this morning.

• AllezAllez21AllezAllez21 Member Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    1917 karma

I think it's pretty average. From a raw score perspective, I scored in the upper third of my range. From a scaled perspective, only a point above average.

Honestly, I have not come across a test that I felt was way easier than any other. It's more about environmental/life circumstances that led you to perform especially well on a certain day.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@AllezAllez21 said:
    I think it's pretty average. From a raw score perspective, I scored in the upper third of my range. From a scaled perspective, only a point above average.

Honestly, I have not come across a test that I felt was way easier than any other. It's more about environmental/life circumstances that led you to perform especially well on a certain day.

Yeah, that's probably true. I think the LR played to my strengths because it had lots of assumption questions which I love and barely any PR reasoning questions which I don't love.

Did you find the LG section easier than normal? I don't know but I found the LG section way more easy than anything I've done lately. I would say maybe my practice is paying off a bit, but to be honest, I haven't been practicing all that much.

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

@AllezAllez21 said:

THIS soooooo much this. There are days where I'm a fucking LSAT monster and am zone the hell in. Those are the days I break 170. Then there are average days where I'm present just not in beast mode. That's my average score day. Then there are days I am day dreaming about being a Sith lord. Those are days my score plummets

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited August 2017 23929 karma

@LSATcantwin said:

@AllezAllez21 said:

THIS soooooo much this. There are days where I'm a fucking LSAT monster and am zone the hell in. Those are the days I break 170. Then there are average days where I'm present just not in beast mode. That's my average score day. Then there are days I am day dreaming about being a Sith lord. Those are days my score plummets

I barely slept, I didn't eat, I feel like crap, haha... I can think of 100 reasons this test shouldn't have gone so smooth. Though I did feel like a freakin' LSAT monster this morning. Perhaps my allergy medicine got mixed up with some of the NZT48 drug from Limitless...

I did basically take most of the weekend off from prep, so maybe I can attribute it to taking some time to refresh!

Let this be a lesson to take breaks once in a while. I've literally never felt better about a PT in my life!

• acsimonacsimon Alum Member
    1269 karma

Congrats on killing it, but I will say that I scored a 177 on this PT a month ago (still, my highest score) after coming back from a 3 week vacation overseas where I did zero LSAT studying.

That's not to say that you haven't improved that much (or woke up on the right side of the bed, etc.) but it is to say that maybe this particular PT played to your strengths (this might happen, but it doesn't mean that the rest is especially easy for everyone). I don't know--I sound deflationary, but I really don't mean to be. Keep grindin'!

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@acsimon said:
    Congrats on killing it, but I will say that I scored a 177 on this PT a month ago (still, my highest score) after coming back from a 3 week vacation overseas where I did zero LSAT studying.

That's not to say that you haven't improved that much (or woke up on the right side of the bed, etc.) but it is to say that maybe this particular PT played to your strengths (this might happen, but it doesn't mean that the rest is especially easy for everyone). I don't know--I sound deflationary, but I really don't mean to be. Keep grindin'!

Nice! Did you find it easier than normal or is a 177 right in your normal range?

I don't necessarily think I scored much higher than my normal range, but I generally just felt really good about it. I can't wait to BR and score it when I get home and see if I can nail a 177 :)

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

it was definitely the pencil

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@TheMikey said:
    it was definitely the pencil

Bro, I only had to change pencils once. The Wopex sucks for bubbling in answers though. Too god damn waxy. I'd still like to think the pencil had something to do with it :)

• OlamHafuchOlamHafuch Alum Member
    2326 karma

It's really amazing how long the Wopex lasts.

• nathanieljschwartznathanieljschwartz Alum Member
    1723 karma

Bunch of pencil nerds. Lol i like those cheap ones from the doller tree that last 1 bubble each.

• acsimonacsimon Alum Member
    1269 karma

Did you find it easier than normal or is a 177 right in your normal range?

No, I wish! My range right now is 172-173. I actually was surprised by the score at the time, since I felt alright (especially considering that I had just returned from vacation) but not like that. At the time, it didn't feel easier than normal but it was definitely an outlier, score wise (I was around 167-169, then).

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@nathanieljschwartz said:
    Bunch of pencil nerds. Lol i like those cheap ones from the doller tree that last 1 bubble each.

Jesus dude! You have to at least get some Ticons ... ;)

@acsimon said:

Did you find it easier than normal or is a 177 right in your normal range?

No, I wish! My range right now is 172-173. I actually was surprised by the score at the time, since I felt alright (especially considering that I had just returned from vacation) but not like that. At the time, it didn't feel easier than normal but it was definitely an outlier, score wise (I was around 167-169, then).

I wish, too. As it turned out PT58 also ended up being my best test ever. It was my best by about 3 points. I'll take it :)

• nathanieljschwartznathanieljschwartz Alum Member
    1723 karma

@"Alex Divine" Congrats on the high score!!

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@nathanieljschwartz said:
    @"Alex Divine" Congrats on the high score!!

Thanks, buddy! :) Feels good to see some concrete improvement. Regardless of the score increase, my confidence was at an all time high!