Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Beginning to PT

1LBound1LBound Alum Member
edited August 2017 in General 149 karma

Hi Everyone!
I'll be wrapping up my CC this week and plan on taking my first PT next week- tentatively on Wednesday, I'm giving myself three days before to brush up on certain topics. My schedule will be, one PT a week for the month of September and come October until the test in December, take two a week. I'm currently studying full-time (6-8 hours a day-weekends off). Any suggestions which PTs I should start with? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

I would start maybe in the 40's or 50's and then work your way up to the 60's 70's and 80's. You do want some exposure to the newer tests because they are slightly different (wording/AC) but I think the most important thing is the process of blind review and exposure.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@1LBound said:
    Hi Everyone!
    I'll be wrapping up my CC this week and plan on taking my first PT next week- tentatively on Wednesday, I'm giving myself three days before to brush up on certain topics. My schedule will be, one PT a week for the month of September and come October until the test in December, take two a week. I'm currently studying full-time (6-8 hours a day-weekends off). Any suggestions which PTs I should start with? Thanks in advance!

That gives you enough time to take around 20 full PTs. If that's the case I would aim to do PTs 62-81. Those are going to be the most similar to the December test.

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

Depends on how you want to approach it and preference. some people like to go in order, some like to mix them up. but either way, whichever approach you take, I'd say start in the 50's. the 40's are good, but you could probably just use them for experimental sections or drilling. And definitely hit the most recent tests before test day

• 1LBound1LBound Alum Member
    149 karma

@"Alex Divine" - Do you think 20 PTs will be enough? I wanted to ease into PTs, but yet I want to be completely prepared come December.
    @TheMikey - Thanks for the suggestion, I like the idea of using 40s for experimental or drilling. I may incorporate 50s too, so I utilize the most current ones, 60s and up, to do full PTs.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@1LBound said:
    @"Alex Divine" - Do you think 20 PTs will be enough? I wanted to ease into PTs, but yet I want to be completely prepared come December.
    @TheMikey - Thanks for the suggestion, I like the idea of using 40s for experimental or drilling. I may incorporate 50s too, so I utilize the most current ones, 60s and up, to do full PTs.

It's always impossible to say how many PTs will be enough for each individual person. Though, since you're taking in a few months, I definitely think priority should be placed on the most recent tests. Maybe use the 50s to break down into timed sections, and use the even or odd numbered tests from 60-81 to take ass full PTs.