Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hit 173 four times. Latest test:164. How can I keep from freaking out?

Pretty much what the title says. It feels like everything I learned went down the drain. I'm trying very hard not to panic for the test in less than two weeks. How can I get back on track?

Comments

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

review the test and see what went wrong. it's all you can do.

which PT was it?

• BirdLaw818BirdLaw818 Free Trial Member
    553 karma

So did I. I went 172 173 174, then 167 and 168. I want to take a guess and say you got the 164 on a test that emphasized a section or question type you aren't well versed in. If that's the case then just review the specific sectio or question type and you'll be fine! If it's just random and you felt confident then don't worry! Mistakes happen.

• JDtobeeeeJDtobeeee Alum Member
    175 karma

This happened to me today! I got a 164 after being in the 168-171 range last couple of tests. Turns out I mis-read/mis-diagrammed some LG rules and my LG section was significantly lower which brought my entire score down. LR and RC as well as my experimental (LR) were consistent. So what I am doing/suggesting is to review what section was the issue (i.e ask yourself did you have one section that brought you down?). Also trying not to panic with the test so close. Confidence is key! Also assess if you were more tired/did anything different this time around (different snack, not the usual routine before a PT, etc)

• LSAT Take 2LSAT Take 2 Member
    38 karma

@TheMikey It was PT 61. I did just awful on the reading comprehension (-10)

• stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    3197 karma

Yep that just exposed a weakness. Nail it down, consider what you did differently and go from there

• Do you have any different routine related differences or external sources of stress? Extremely different test versions? Are you in the same environment every time? There could be some factors to take into account that maybe adding to a lower score. I tend to do much better on the newer tests. And when I take a PT at Starbucks, I almost always score 2-3 points lower than usual. Not that correlation is causation, but there maybe a reason things are not adding up as high as they usually do.