Sending Transcripts/LORs Request

Hi all, I am currently in the application process of Law School and was wondering if anyone had some sage words of advice on sending transcripts to LSAC as well as requesting LORs. #HELP

Comments

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    edited September 2017 13286 karma

I'm going to summon @"David.Busis" for this one. It is a very open ended question and he has all the answers!

The idea is to get LOR's from people that know you well though. Especially people who can speak to how you preform academically like teachers. Transcripts just send them all, you have to.

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

Well your transcripts you just submit to them. figure out how you school does it, whether that be via online or by mail.

For LOR's, what exactly is it that you want to know?

• preslee18preslee18 Member
    15 karma

@TheMikey said:
    Well your transcripts you just submit to them. figure out how you school does it, whether that be via online or by mail.

I want to know exactly the process of submitting and sending the request letters. Thank you!

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

@preslee18 said:

@TheMikey said:

I want to know exactly the process of submitting and sending the request letters. Thank you!

it's typically done by email. You go on LSAC and go to the recommenders page, then you input all of the info for your recommender (name, email, address, etc.) and then you choose to send them the request by email. Your recommender then will write the letter and submit it to LSAC based on the directions given to them by the email you send to them.

it's a pretty simple process, and I'm sure the recommender's directions are simple as well.

• David BusisDavid Busis Member Moderator
    7286 karma

I have been summoned @LSATcantwin.

I actually wrote all about the logistics in a free lesson called, well, Recommendation Logistics in the Admissions Course.

https://7sage.com/admissions/lesson/lor-logistics/