Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fell off a Cliff

Raptor95Raptor95 Free Trial Member

Hello

Any advice for my case

Last week I took PT 75 and got a 171 and been averaging 170 from PT 70 -76.

I recently took LSAT 77 and 78 and got 165 and 164 respectively, I doubt it was burnout because I took them two days apart.

Anyone have any idea what is going on and what I can do? I feel hopeless. My ideal score is 166 +.

Comments

• AllezAllez21AllezAllez21 Member Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    1917 karma

Two days apart isn't really that much apart.

Sudden drops in score are usually mindset issues. You had an especially off day on the first test, it got into your head and your confidence is shot.

You've got to find a way to mentally reset. Go do some easy drilling. You've got the skills, get back to executing them.

• NotMyNameNotMyName Alum Member Sage
    5320 karma

I agree with Allez. We know this is a standardized test and that the PTs released we used to maintain a particular distribution of scores and BS questions, if any, were removed. If you have a strong average score and see a dip, it's highly unlikely that the dip was caused by some skill suddenly vanished. Of course it is always possible that a particular test included various weak spots of yours in a way that no other test has... maybe your weak spots are x, y, and z and on any given test there are only 2 of those 3 but on your most recent two tests, they have x, y, AND z. Again, that is unlikely, but be sure to BR those tests with special scrutiny.

I had a test like that recently and it totally threw me for a loop. I became depressed for a few days. I didn't take any days off but I did a bunch of drilling including an old PT (fresh but old) as timed sections over the course of a week. I did really well on those sections and it was enough to provide a much needed reset.

• nevadacity37nevadacity37 Free Trial Member
    163 karma

I experienced the same kind of dip last week. I recovered by just doing timed sections - one at a time - to gain the confidence again by acing those. I concur with those above: it is a mental thing.

• KillmongerKillmonger Alum Member
    332 karma

literally had the same dip with PT 78. missed NINEEEE on LR section one and missed 1 on LR section 2 and 0 on LG. haven't missed 9 on any LR since the diagnostic. Was just a little off. won't let it hold me down .