Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question regarding CC Drills and Timing

thisisspartathisissparta Alum Member
edited September 2017 in General 1363 karma

Hey everyone,

I was curious whether one should aim at clocking in answers within the 1:24 minute mark while learning the CC for the first time. I've been taking way more time than necessary on LR questions with a higher difficulty rating (approximately 5 minutes or so on each of those questions). I've read elsewhere that in the CC phase, one is typically fine doing those questions untimed. I'm worried that if I continue to do them untimed I might run into timing issues when I start taking PTs. That said, I do want to get a solid grasp of the logic of this test. Not sure which is the best way to go. Interested in knowing from you experienced test takers!

Comments

• JerryClarke242JerryClarke242 Alum Member
    edited September 2017 602 karma

I mean yeah, you're going to have time trouble at first. But the goal of the CC is for you to grasp the concepts. After that, then you can work on timing. It takes a while, so you must trust the process.

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

Do them un-timed. You will have timing issues NOW because you don't know the content, but if you practice un-timed and get used to things, good timing will come with familiarity. Just focus on understand all of those drilling questions, don't worry about time at all yet.

• jennybbbbbjennybbbbb Alum Member
    630 karma

Timing will get better once you grasp the strategy for each question type. I wouldn't stress about it too much right now since there is a lot of material to cover. Once you get to drilling, that's when you can identify timing issues.

Repetition is key. The more practice you get with the question types, the faster you will get at timing. That's what I have learned :smile:

Goodluck!

• thisisspartathisissparta Alum Member
    1363 karma

Thanks, everyone! I'll continue doing them untimed for now.

• Brazil020511Brazil020511 Alum Member
    429 karma

Do it untimed at first to build your fundamentals.Understanding fundamentals will build speed. Once you go through the CC, you can use a stopwatch to create a natural pace for yourself while still seeing where you are time wise.