Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Test anxiety (YouTube video)

akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
edited October 2017 in General 9372 karma

Hey everyone,

YouTube recommended me this video about test anxiety (in general), and I thought it would be helpful for some of you as well!

Comments

• 1025 karma

Thanks for the share!

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

thanks!

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    edited September 2017 4196 karma

Just watched it!

tbh, I've never had test anxiety until I started studying for the LSAT. I always did well on college tests and usually always finished them quick with no issue. but I think the guy in the vid makes a great point about the third fear: fear of the stakes. you can always just recover from it! yes the LSAT is VERY important, but especially now with the unlimited takes rule, you can always keep in mind that no matter what happens, a retake is always possible and it's not the end of the world.

also, another point he mentions is to just think of it as a learning opportunity instead of a judgement. completely true, I made mistakes my first 2 takes that I noted and this time around for September took them into account and didn't do them again. It's all a process, trust it ;)

thanks again!

• BumblebeeBumblebee Member
    edited October 2017 640 karma

Awesome! I saw this video too and it's totally relatable to the LSAT test anxiety!! It discusses how to overcome three fears that underlie the test anxiety syndrome. I customized the three tips to the LSAT experience.

1) The fear of repeating failures is reduced by Blind Review
    2) the fear of the unknown is reduced by taking many PT's under exact test conditions
    3) the fear of high stakes is reduced by knowing that the test isn't everything and seeing it thru this rational perspective

Yay!

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

Great video! This great book "Performing Under Pressure" by J. P. Fry is also really great for those who suffer from things like test anxiety. It really breaks some more of the science down into details and proposes some pretty neat workaround and solutions. Highly recommend if you're someone who gets anxiety while taking this test. Especially those with timing issues.

https://www.amazon.com/Performing-Under-Pressure-Science-Matters/dp/B00SYZR4AW

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27822 karma

Love Crash Course, thanks for sharing, this is really insightful! Wish I'd had this when I first started studying for LSAT. I think a lot of my success was due to piecing this together on my own. If I'd fully embraced all this from the beginning, I'd've moved much faster and likely done even better. I think most of the folks who score so high so fast likely do it with a full understanding of things like this. The rest of us have to pick it up as a part of our studies if we want to really break through.

• This whole video series is wonderful.

• tringo335tringo335 Alum Member
    3679 karma

Awesome thank you!

• jennw065jennw065 Member
    72 karma

Thank you for sharing this!