Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Worth it to buy 7sage material if I'm rewriting in December?

ChaudhrySChaudhryS Free Trial Member
edited October 2017 in General 61 karma

Hey guys so like many of you guys I'm not so happy about my test score (just when I thought reading comp and I were getting along). It was my first time writing the test and the experience was great because it really isn't as monstrous of a day as we make it out to be. However - I did score way below my avg test score. I was studying using PowerScore material, I had taken the course in the summer of 2015 - although I did look or practice the material until this summer when I started studying.

I have not purchased anything from 7Sage. I used my PS course books and homework sections, following a course schedule. It was fairly expensive to take the course and I'm not a big fan of throwing money at the LSAT regime. But - I am not impressed with my score at all, so I'm wondering whether you guys think it might be worth it to get some 7Sage stuff or whether I should hit the PS books again - I'll begin studying tomorrow till Dec 2 on for retest. Would really appreciate some wholesome advice.

Comments

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    edited October 2017 9377 karma

I think it depends on your score (and score breakdown) and your target score.

I don’t think you can finish the Core Curriculm by the time you take the December test, but if your weakness is in logic, then you might be able to gain something by just going through the logic part. But it really depends on your target score and your score.

If you were averaging above 175+ and your score was 172 or something, it’s not worth it. I think you should stick to what you have been doing.

• tringo335tringo335 Alum Member
    3679 karma

7Sage is awesome and they also have a schedule calculator if you sign up. I plugged your dates into mine just for giggles and in order to complete the medium level plan by Dec 1 you'd have to study 59 hours a week. I'm not sure if you're able to study full time and of course if you're grasping other subjects more quickly because you already did Powerscore, this plan might be doable.

• LCMama2017LCMama2017 Alum Member
    2134 karma

Hey there - So, like you, I paid big money to study for the Sept test (Kaplan) and I'm not satisfied with my score. So, I decided that since I already know the Kaplan "way" that I would try something new and that's when I purchased 7Sage. I really, really like it alot and would recommend you try something new over what you were using. Ultimately you'll have to decide for yourself what will work for you. Good luck.

• ChaudhrySChaudhryS Free Trial Member
    edited October 2017 61 karma

@tringo335 that's so kind of you to do. I am off and currently not working (aside from law school applications) so I could potentially pull it off. Any specific course you'd recommend? I see you mentioned the 'medium level'? Any specific reason? Also as per @akistotle's comment I should mention I am no where close to that 170 range you speak of! Far from it - so pls recommend with that in mind! Thanks so much for all the help guys ... need all that I can get esp with how this day has been going.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

I'd recommend getting the Starter Course. It's definitely doable by December, especially if you already are familiar with many of the aspects of the test. I think the section on Logic, Games, and Reading comprehension will be well worth it for anyone. I know I sound like an advertisement, but I tried everything under the sun before I found 7Sage. @TheMikey got it in 2016 and a few months later, after his recommendation, I got it also. My skills and scores have been increasing ever since.

• tringo335tringo335 Alum Member
    3679 karma

@"selma ch" said:
    @tringo335 that's so kind of you to do. I am off and currently not working (aside from law school applications) so I could potentially pull it off. Any specific course you'd recommend? I see you mentioned the 'medium level'? Any specific reason? Also as per @akistotle's comment I should mention I am no where close to that 170 range you speak of! Far from it - so pls recommend with that in mind! Thanks so much for all the help guys ... need all that I can get esp with how this day has been going.

I recommend the Ultimate+ honestly; I am on the Premium right now (medium level) and will be upgrading to the Ultimate once complete. Since I'm on that level the schedule is based on the time it would take to complete that level specifically but you could start off with the core curriculum which would be less than 59 hours per week since it has less in the overall curriculum of course if you did the Ultimate + you'd be doing more than 59 hours per week.

It's my understanding that most people start off with the CC (Core curriculum) and upgrade from there so that is an option. Keep in mind, 7Sage is very big on not taking the test until ready. JY covers it in one of the first video lessons you'll watch. So as time goes on you may feel the urge to push the test back if you're unable to finish the whole curriculum in time as PTing is not really encouraged until the curriculum is done.

• Trust But VerifyTrust But Verify Alum Member
    432 karma

Cost efficient drilling
    https://www.amazon.com/PowerScore-LSAT-Logical-Reasoning-Preparation/dp/0982661835

CC is the same for all courses. Starter plus these drilling books would be less than $300.

Kaplan has a mastery timing book for Games that's good, especially for adding a 5th section to a more modern PT.