PS swap - older/returning students?

speedwagonspeedwagon Alum Member

Hi 7sage after a year away! I was going to apply last year but a few big things took me away from the process & I'm coming back for this year.

I'd love to swap PSs for a peer review with someone else returning after significant time away (>7 years.) I'm in my mid-30s and my PS is necessarily covering why do this now; I'm curious to know how you are handling it and also curious how you're efficiently summarizing your road to date.

Anybody? Let's do this!

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

I graduated in 2015, so I'll be a bit older when I begin law school. (26-27)

If you're interested feel free to PM me :)

• 11 karma

The biggest difference between 25 and 35yo is that my time is much more valuable and limited now. I'm also mid 30's, 2003 graduate, own a successful business that operates in several states. Approaching the personal statement, diversity statement, and even the resume are much different at this stage in life.

I strongly recommend the 7sage paid admissions courses. David and Maura have saved me an inordinate amount of time, expertise is worth the fee, and they are highly responsive to personal questions that do not fit the "new grad" mold.

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

I'd totally be down for a swap, but am not super far along on my PS at this point. I'm 33, graduated in 2006. PM me if you want to even just swap some PS ideas back and forth! This is something I've been mulling over for a while too.

• tringo335tringo335 Alum Member
    3679 karma

Yay more older students! lol -- I graduated in '09 - Would love to hear how the application experience is for you guys when it's all said and one.

• Freddy_DFreddy_D Alum Member
    2983 karma

I graduated in '15 but I'm 28. Life and family responsibilities forced me to take the "scenic route" through undergrad :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

• Trust But VerifyTrust But Verify Alum Member
    432 karma

All my old heads (27), 2015 grads lol. I'm down for a PS swap or look over.

• Freddy_DFreddy_D Alum Member
    2983 karma

@"Trust But Verify" said:
    All my old heads (27), 2015 grads lol. I'm down for a PS swap or look over.

Send it my way, brother. My PS and DS have been edited by the 7sage crew, but I'm down to have more folks look over them.

• Nick GonzalezNick Gonzalez Alum Member
    19 karma

Hello, Is anyone still swapping Personal Statements?