Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ghost fee waivers

Working on some apps last night, and realized that lsac shows my application fees for numerous schools (Columbia, NYU, Penn too name a few) as waived, even though I haven't received paper or electronic mail notification!? Curious if this is common and legit, or an lsac glitch. If its real, dope, i just saved 400 bucks as i plan to blanket the top 14 with applocations!

Waivers
  1. Has this happened to anyone?23 votes
    1. Yes! I got a 180 in June and they all hand delivered waivers along with gifts from foreign lands.
        8.70%
    2. Yeah, I've gotten a few waivers without notification. You're not special
      78.26%
    3. Nope, all waivers come via USPS.
        0.00%
    4. What, is, a Waiver? I have literally no idea what I'm doing here.
      13.04%

Comments

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

It's normal, not a glitch. Congrats on saving money!

• tylerdschreur10tylerdschreur10 Alum Member
    1465 karma

@TheMikey Sweet! I'm glad I noticed, I was about to send out a mass email requesting consideration for waivers that by an large I'd already been granted! ?

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27829 karma

Yep, not uncommon. Congrats!

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

Just got a waiver from UVA :D

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

That's awesome! I pray I get some of these next cycle :)

Good luck blanketing the T14!

• Seeking PerfectionSeeking Perfection Alum Member
    4423 karma

I got emails about all of them, but I had heard that it happens. On the TLS (top law schools) forum, they have a guide for checking for hidden fee waivers.

If you want to join me in collecting all the merit based fee waivers, I have managed to get them from every school in the top 14 except Harvard, Yale, and Stanford which only give ghem based on need.

1465 karma

@"Seeking Perfection" That's my goal! I just need uChicago, northwestern, and I think one more! Hoping my 175 in December will bring them running!

4423 karma

@tylerdschreur10 said:
    @"Seeking Perfection" That's my goal! I just need uChicago, northwestern, and I think one more! Hoping my 175 in December will bring them running!

Northwestern is giving them out automatically. They won't run to you, but if you put your info in at this link from their website, I think you will get one automatically. https://apply.law.northwestern.edu/register/2017-18FeeWaiverReq

Good luck collecting all the waivers. They are sort of like Pokemon, but they save you money.

1465 karma

@"Seeking Perfection" said:

@tylerdschreur10 said:

Northwestern is giving them out automatically. They won't run to you, but if you put your info in at this link from their website, I think you will get one automatically. https://apply.law.northwestern.edu/register/2017-18FeeWaiverReq

Good luck collecting all the waivers. They are sort of like Pokemon, but they save you money.

Sweet man! Thanks for the hook-uo!
    I owe you one!

4423 karma

@tylerdschreur10
    Actually I just reread my fee waiver from Northwestern. It expires December 15th. They are using them as an incentive to get people to apply early and you can fill out the info anytime until December 1st. If you aren't going to apply by the 15th of December though, don't request one because they say they won't reissue them.

http://www.law.northwestern.edu/admissions/faq/faqjd.html
    Most of that info is from this link under the section called "How do I request an application fee waiver?"
    But I only know the expiration date they reference is December 15th because of the email they sent me after my request saying they had given me the fee waiver. Sorry for any confusion.

Good luck!

1465 karma

Yeah, too late. Already filled it out... :( But I should be ready to apply by Dec 15, so it's just extra motivation! Haha