Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2 PTs in the next 5 days too much?

Quick SilverQuick Silver Alum Inactive Sage
edited September 2014 in September 2014 LSAT 1049 karma
I'm in my target score range, but I don't want to overdo it....

Are two PTs too much? One on Monday and one on Wednesday?

Or should I just do one and spend the rest of the time focusing on weakness areas so I don't overdo it?

Thoughts?

Comments

• laura.myers63laura.myers63 Free Trial Member
    32 karma
    What's a normal prep week for you? I do T-Th-Sat, so I'm sticking with that and doing PTs tomorrow and Thursday. I want Saturday to feel like, as JY put it, "PT 73."

I have no expertise in this (first-timer) but I feel like as long as you're not adding to your workload you won't be overdoing it.
  • elvisliveselvislives Alum Member
    97 karma
    I'm writing one today and one Wednesday, with review on Tuesday and Thursday. Friday I'm taking off. I'm scoring where I need to be, so if you are too - then I'd say it's not overkill. But if you have a couple identifiable areas of weakness, maybe focus a little more on them? It's better to drill consistently weak areas than just burning through PTs, in my opinion. I certainly wouldn't go into overdrive, however. Just keep balanced and give your brain some time to rest this week. Good luck!
  • madeleinemadeleine Alum Member
    259 karma
    I think two is fine; I've been doing 2 PTs per week: Sat/Sun 5 Section/4 Section, with BR and drills during the week (I work full time), and that has felt good. I'm taking my last PT tomorrow. Whatever you do, don't do anything on Friday. Do some exercise/relaxing, and just take it easy.
  • msmith85msmith85 Alum Member
    213 karma
    From what I've heard some people take a up to a week off before the test to two days. I'm going with a solid three days off. Hope the test goes well!