Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is getting an interview at Harvard Law a good sign?

Jason KanderJason Kander Free Trial Member

Hi All,

I applied about three weeks ago and last week I received an email inviting me to interview. I interviewed last week and was wondering if getting a HLS interview is a good sign for my chances of admission?

Comments

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

Yes! That's a step a lot of folks don't make it to. From what I've read, that maybe puts you like 75% chance of admission. Not a done deal, but significant chances.

Congratulations!

• Jason KanderJason Kander Free Trial Member
    90 karma

@"Leah M B" said:
    Yes! That's a step a lot of folks don't make it to. From what I've read, that maybe puts you like 75% chance of admission. Not a done deal, but significant chances.

Congratulations!

Hey Leah,

Thank you for the quick reply. The possible 3-month wait has already gotten to me, haha. I appreciate your insight.

• AllezAllez21AllezAllez21 Member Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    1917 karma

As Leah said, it is a very good sign, especially so early in the cycle.

They get about 5,500 applications, and end up interviewing roughly1,300. They offer admission to 900 applicants. So you're in a great position. Congrats!

• CocoZhangCocoZhang Alum Member
    476 karma

You need to be interviewed in order to get in. But it is not the case that whoever gets interviewed first gets admitted first. I was interviewed in early February last cycle but was only admitted at the end of March. But seems like you are in the first interview group! My friend was interviewed last year in the first group and was admitted before Christmas.

90 karma

@CocoZhang said:
    You need to be interviewed in order to get in. But it is not the case that whoever gets interviewed first gets admitted first. I was interviewed in early February last cycle but was only admitted at the end of March. But seems like you are in the first interview group! My friend was interviewed last year in the first group and was admitted before Christmas.

Hi Coco,

Thank you for keeping me grounded and giving a great response, I appreciate it. I understand that this is by no means a guarantee of admissions and I come very well fall into that 25% who are not admitted, however, it is good to know this information.

You are greatly appreciated.

90 karma

@AllezAllez21 said:
    As Leah said, it is a very good sign, especially so early in the cycle.

They get about 5,500 applications, and end up interviewing roughly1,300. They offer admission to 900 applicants. So you're in a great position. Congrats!

Hi Allez,

It is great to know the numbers and I appreciate the insight. I am cognizant, however, that I may fall into the 400 who are interviewed but are rejected/waitlisted.

You are greatly appreciated. I am wishing you the best in your endeavors.

• CocoZhangCocoZhang Alum Member
    edited November 2017 476 karma

@mta72 said:

@CocoZhang said:

Hi Coco,

Thank you for keeping me grounded and giving a great response, I appreciate it. I understand that this is by no means a guarantee of admissions and I come very well fall into that 25% who are not admitted, however, it is good to know this information.

You are greatly appreciated.

Hahaha that's what I kept telling myself during all those unbearable waiting days... that I might well be the 25%. Well good luck to your cycle and probably see you next year at HLS :wink:

• __emsss____emsss__ Alum Member
    65 karma

Congratulations on the interview! Out of curiosity, what type of questions did they ask you? If you interviewed with Northwestern as well, was it similar to that?

• lsat2016lsat2016 Free Trial Member
    488 karma

I received an interview invite and have done no interviews of this type before.

Anyone here who has done these and can administer a mock interview? If someone else is also planning to interview and want to do a mock prep, please PM. Thank you.