Need Advice - Has anyone skipped the LG section to do the LG Bundle?

tringo335tringo335 Alum Member
in General 3679 karma

Hi all,

So I'm feeling bummed out because I'm a month behind in studying - I was sick for 3 weeks and could barely study during that time then had a family reunion overseas during Thanksgiving and wasn't able to study at all. I was on track to complete the CC by December 31 and want to make sure I make that deadline as I've been studying the core curriculum for 7 months now and would like to move on to the next step by the new year as I am aiming for June 2018 testing date.

So my question is - has anyone skipped some of the LG section on the CC since they were planning on doing the LG Bundle? I've completed about half of the LG section in the curriculum and am thinking of skipping the rest to complete the last RC questions buy 12/31 so I can stay on track. I plan on doing the LG bundle, so am thinking skipping this last bit of the section won't be a big deal.

Is this a bad plan?

Comments

• PositivePositive Alum Member
    edited November 2017 426 karma

It depends. Personally, I think the key goal of the CC game section is to help you master the certain kinds of games(e.g., you learn the core of in-out game and then exclusively practice that type till you get comfortable about the level 5 difficulty in-out questions). Once you master each types of games on the CC, then you can practice the flexbility of doing different kinds of game at one setting as well as the strict timing by doing LG 1-35 bundles. Anyways, if you are really comfortable about each types of game, then i think it makes sense to go ahead and do LG1-35 bundles.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@tringo335 said:
    Hi all,

So I'm feeling bummed out because I'm a month behind in studying - I was sick for 3 weeks and could barely study during that time then had a family reunion overseas during Thanksgiving and wasn't able to study at all. I was on track to complete the CC by December 31 and want to make sure I make that deadline as I've been studying the core curriculum for 7 months now and would like to move on to the next step by the new year as I am aiming for June 2018 testing date.

So my question is - has anyone skipped some of the LG section on the CC since they were planning on doing the LG Bundle? I've completed about half of the LG section in the curriculum and am thinking of skipping the rest to complete the last RC questions buy 12/31 so I can stay on track. I plan on doing the LG bundle, so am thinking skipping this last bit of the section won't be a big deal.

Is this a bad plan?

How good are you with games? Can you do each game type confidently?

I think if you're good with games, the games in the CC should go fairly quickly. If you need work with games, then it is worth doing anyway. Regardless, the games in the CC will be repeated in the PT 1 -35 bundle, so you'll be doing them either way. I just think it makes more sense to do them first and build your foundational skills with each game type before moving on to the mixed review of the bundle.

I'll say this much: Anytime I tried to find ways to cut corners or time from the CC/lessons, I just ended up realizing it was a mistake, going back to do it, and ultimately regretting not doing it in the first place. I think you should do the CC games and adjust your study schedule. You can't get too good at games, you know?

Also, don't worry too much about falling behind. You set your schedule! Work, life, and family are always going to be hard to balance with prep. You set yourself up by being prudent and thinking long term!

• kimpg_66kimpg_66 Alum Member
    1617 karma

I skipped them. They're most of the same games used in the LG bundle anyways, and I personally felt better learning not how to do eight sequencing games in a row, but a sequence, and in/out, and double-layerd, etc.

Basically, I have a feeling doing the CC will get you the same outcome as skipping to the bundle, but I felt it more important to have variety and keep my brain on its toes

• 1000001910000019 Alum Member
    3279 karma

As someone who set out to do all the games in the CC before starting the bundle, I would not have done it in hindsight.
    Time was a big factor for me, and I only started full game sets a few weeks before I'll be taking the exam. I'm finding actually game sets to be more helpful.

• tringo335tringo335 Alum Member
    3679 karma

Thanks guys for you assistance. I definitely agree that skipping the foundations is not a good idea so I will finish out the last two grouping game sections and skip the last mixed section and move on the RC. That will allow me to complete both sections But still try to complete within my time constraint. Thanks again everyone!