Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bubbl only the scantron

olioliberolioliber Alum Member
in General 729 karma

This may be a dumb question, but I wasn't able to find a clear answer to it.
I find myself bubbling in the answers straight to my scantron, without marking on the test. This is how I take tests in general. Now, would this be penalized on lsat? Can I just leave the test blank? I feel like this would save me some time, and decrease the chance of misbubbling.

Comments

• 1000001910000019 Alum Member
    3279 karma

@oberdysz said:
    This may be a dumb question, but I wasn't able to find a clear answer to it.
    I find myself bubbling in the answers straight to my scantron, without marking on the test. This is how I take tests in general. Now, would this be penalized on lsat? Can I just leave the test blank? I feel like this would save me some time, and decrease the chance of misbubbling.

No penalty. Whatever works for you.

• kimpg_66kimpg_66 Alum Member
    1617 karma

Are there any types of test where this is penalized?

• Seeking PerfectionSeeking Perfection Alum Member
    4423 karma

@oberdysz
    I assume everyone who doesn't finish a section does this with their blind guesses at the end. There definitely is no penalty.

That said, for most people I doubt it is a good solution. For one thing I doubt it saves much time over just bubbling in the scantron whenever you are about to flip a page. Each time you bubble in an answer, you look away from the test, find the right spot on the scantron, and then fill in a bubble. Looking between things takes time which is also why we try to make logic games diagrams on the same page as the majority of the questions. For another, if you finish early and go back to check, it will cost you a significant amount of time since it will be harder to check your answers(you have to look at the scantron if you don't mark them on the test).

The one time I would recommend it is if blindly guessing or nearly out of time. In this case there is no checking factor to consider so you want to lock in each answer as you get to it and then just blindly guess a letter for any you don't have time for.

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

no penalty.

• olioliberolioliber Alum Member
    729 karma

See,issue was: there are cases where manual grading of the lsat can be requested. This is what made me think about there being a requirement of marking the test.

• 1000001910000019 Alum Member
    3279 karma

@oberdysz said:
    See,issue was: there are cases where manual grading of the lsat can be requested. This is what made me think about there being a requirement of marking the test.

When you request human grading, they review your bubble sheet.