Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Proctor Complaint

sbzan25sbzan25 Alum Member

Hey everyone!
I hope everyone is recovering from Saturdays test well... I feel so lost not studying!

I was wondering if anyone could tell me what the protocol is for issuing a complaint about a proctor and their assistant?! I wrote in Ontario, and my proctor and his assistant were so bad and so so disruptive... I'm so disappointed because I'm so worried that I couldn't focus on my second section (LR).

Basically what happened was the assistant walked out of the room during the test and somehow got locked out... and when the proctor tried to go let them back in, he couldn't. So there was a bunch of banging. If you imagine yourself trying to pull open or push open a door that is locked, multiple times, then thats exactly what happened during Saturdays test. I couldn't believe it... and I still can't!

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated :)

Comments

• OlamHafuchOlamHafuch Alum Member
    2326 karma

@sbzanelli said:
    Hey everyone!
    I hope everyone is recovering from Saturdays test well... I feel so lost not studying!

I was wondering if anyone could tell me what the protocol is for issuing a complaint about a proctor and their assistant?! I wrote in Ontario, and my proctor and his assistant were so bad and so so disruptive... I'm so disappointed because I'm so worried that I couldn't focus on my second section (LR).

Basically what happened was the assistant walked out of the room during the test and somehow got locked out... and when the proctor tried to go let them back in, he couldn't. So there was a bunch of banging. If you imagine yourself trying to pull open or push open a door that is locked, multiple times, then thats exactly what happened during Saturdays test. I couldn't believe it... and I still can't!

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated :)

You can lodge a complain with LSAC within 6 days of the test. Unfortunately, best case scenario, the most they'll do for you is offer you aa make-up test or waive your fee for a future official administration.
    At my test site, everything was very professionally done, but nevertheless there was one proctor who was pacing obsessively, which was very annoying.

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

Sorry this happened. Did they respond to your email?

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    edited December 2017 4196 karma

Sucks that happened to you! :(

To my knowledge, the people I know who have done complaints in the past got 2 options:
    1. Keep your score but have a small note with the score indicating that there was an issue on test day
    or
    2. Cancel your score and get to take a future test that gets waived
    For the people I know, it was an issue with the proctor cutting time like 3 mins early for every section. I think they treat all proctor complaints similar, but don't take my word for it. Call up LSAC and ask them about it, they are the best source to ask of course! ;)