Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Schools that take Feb

mcglz_64mcglz_64 Alum Member
in General 891 karma

What's up with schools that say they take Feb. lsats but have deadlines way earlier than the projected lsat score date? For example Yale says they take it but their deadline is 2/28

Comments

• HARSHJOSHI19HARSHJOSHI19 Free Trial Member
    17 karma

From what I understand is that they will hold your application until they have the score available. I've called some schools and tried to ask if they would even peek into the application before the February score is available and they weren't very clear.

• LauraC829LauraC829 Alum Member
    218 karma

Can they look at your other score on file while you wait for February?

• dansykes94dansykes94 Core Member
    112 karma

I believe they review your application and wait until your February score before finalizing it. I think the effects of the late application is overstated. If you have a nice sweet LSAT that'll boost the class profile, law schools will definitely want you. Better to get 170 in Feb than 169 in December

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@dansykes94 said:
    I believe they review your application and wait until your February score before finalizing it. I think the effects of the late application is overstated. If you have a nice sweet LSAT that'll boost the class profile, law schools will definitely want you. Better to get 170 in Feb than 169 in December

Yeah, I think this is correct!

• mcglz_64mcglz_64 Alum Member
    891 karma

Yeah what if you have a score already though? From dec? Is there a way to say "hey wait feb is on its way!!"

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@mcglz_64 said:
    Yeah what if you have a score already though? From dec? Is there a way to say "hey wait feb is on its way!!"

Yeah, you can request for them to wait until your Feb score is in before they evaluate your app.