Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lower LSAT score

hlkoo1212hlkoo1212 Alum Member

I just received my December score and it's 3 points lower than my highest score (I took June, September, and December). I'm super disappointed because I thought I did much better than September(my highest). How do law schools take this?

Comments

• goingfor99thgoingfor99th Free Trial Member
    edited December 2017 3072 karma

Do you have any idea why you might have underperformed? Maybe you hit a certain score and then lost motivation to improve beyond that point? I'd say you don't have much to worry about, though, honestly.

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

Nearly all law schools will only look at your highest score. I believe Yale considers all of them - possibly as an average? I don’t recall exactly. But other than them, it’s nearly unanimous that a school will only consider your highest score.

• flashgrayflashgray Alum Member
    14 karma

i haven't even received my score yet :neutral:

• a.youmansa.youmans Free Trial Member
    2 karma

I did 1pt lower and I thought that test was easier than a lot of the practice tests I was taking. Whatever. I studied and practiced all this year. Time to move on

• Hannah56Hannah56 Alum Member
    224 karma

@"a.youmans" said:
    I did 1pt lower and I thought that test was easier than a lot of the practice tests I was taking. Whatever. I studied and practiced all this year. Time to move on

I'm on the same boat as you are. scored 1 point lower in Dec. My June and Sept were a tie. But as @a.youmans said: IT'S TIME TO MOVE ON.

• cbyrns21cbyrns21 Free Trial Member
    160 karma

@"a.youmans" said:

I'm on the same wavelength as you. I remember leaving the testing room with a smile on my face. I was so confident and believed I did so much better than the September LSAT. I only scored 2 points better this time around. I took it REALLY hard, but I did the best I could've ever done so like you said "time to move on."