Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Calling all Dallasites! Best testing center in the DFW?

lapuccio83lapuccio83 Alum Member

Hi 7sagers!

I'm back for some of your never-ending help. I'm based in Dallas, TX and will be writing my first LSAT in June 2018, I've read that the testing locations fill up rather quickly - specially the "best" ones - so I was wondering if you guys could point me in the right direction.

The closest testing centers to me are the Bill J Priest Center for Economic Development, and the Collin County Higher Education Center in McKinney. I'd like your input on either or both of these locations if you've tested in them, what are your thoughts? What's my best option? My aim is to register by the end of the week.

Thanks again!

Comments

• cgracia12cgracia12 Alum Member
    edited December 2017 737 karma

Are those the only ones available? I've tested at the University of Dallas, and have been to the SMU law school campus, where I will write the February exam.

Both sites and proctors were great, but I haven't been or written in either of the ones you are considering :/ Are those the only ones available?

• Paul PedersonPaul Pederson Member
    903 karma

You can not go wrong with Collin County. I tested there back in Dec 2016 and am testing again in Feb. That place is the best.

• lapuccio83lapuccio83 Alum Member
    102 karma

@cgracia12 said:
    Are those the only ones available? I've tested at the University of Dallas, and have been to the SMU law school campus, where I will write the February exam.

Both sites and proctors were great, but I haven't been or written in either of the ones you are considering :/ Are those the only ones available?

Thanks for your feedback! :) I’ve heard the same about both of those locations, but neither of those were available for the June admiminstration. There were a couple of more options: UT Arlington, Texas A&M Commerce, & the Texas A&M Law School in Fort Worth— but all of them are too far from me! :/

102 karma

@"Paul Pederson" said:
    You can not go wrong with Collin County. I tested there back in Dec 2016 and am testing again in Feb. That place is the best.

Hi Paul! I’ve heard the same about Collin County from other previous test-takers, so I’m going to sign up for that location :)

Thanks for your input! BTW, did you feel comfortable with the desk size? My biggest fear is testing in a tiny elementary-school desk!

• tringo335tringo335 Alum Member
    3679 karma

Thanks for the question! I am in Dallas as well and need some advice on where to test also.

903 karma

@lapuccio83 said:

@"Paul Pederson" said:

Hi Paul! I’ve heard the same about Collin County from other previous test-takers, so I’m going to sign up for that location :)

Thanks for your input! BTW, did you feel comfortable with the desk size? My biggest fear is testing in a tiny elementary-school desk!

The desk size was enormous, they are tables in a row, not desks. If I remember correctly it was 2 test takers per table, the tables are around 12 feet long (I think). Plenty of room.

903 karma

@tringo335 said:
    Thanks for the question! I am in Dallas as well and need some advice on where to test also.

Gotta do collin county. Plus the drive in the morning is super easy, just right up 121.

102 karma

@tringo335 said:

Oh wow! Well, I’ve asked a few people who’ve taken the exam so far and Collin County seems to be the best option, if you’re close enough to McKinney you might consider it. The only thing that’s scares me is traffic on 75 on Monday morning!

3679 karma

@"Paul Pederson" said:

@tringo335 said:

Gotta do collin county. Plus the drive in the morning is super easy, just right up 121.

Perrrrrrfect

3679 karma

@lapuccio83 said:

@tringo335 said:

Oh wow! Well, I’ve asked a few people who’ve taken the exam so far and Collin County seems to be the best option, if you’re close enough to McKinney you might consider it. The only thing that’s scares me is traffic on 75 on Monday morning!

We live up North so that’s perfection @"Paul Pederson" what makes Colin county so great?

• cgracia12cgracia12 Alum Member
    737 karma

The sites are already booked in June??!! Wow, that's crazy! I got very lucky for February. The SMU site was booked, but then checked the next day as I was debating between Bill J Priest and Collin County, and the SMU site had spots open :o

Good to know for other friends asking about this. Good luck!

102 karma

@cgracia12 said:
    The sites are already booked in June??!! Wow, that's crazy! I got very lucky for February. The SMU site was booked, but then checked the next day as I was debating between Bill J Priest and Collin County, and the SMU site had spots open :o

Good to know for other friends asking about this. Good luck!

They weren't booked, they weren't testing center options for the June exam! Perhaps they'll be added if the other locations fill up.